News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine really aggressive chemo would pretty much irritate everything, although I've known people who've felt just a bit tired, even with heavy chemo. Ford being hoarse vs his later appearance at a bar is more telling.

Could be thrush. Common yeast. Candida. Chemo knocks the body's ph out of whack opening it up to thrush.

i'm hoping someone on here can save me some research time by answering the following...

what are the rules when it comes to election signs and apartment buildings?

moments ago, nine 'ford for mayor' signs (we looked like a campaign headquarters or something!) were (thank god) removed, by a tenant, from the front of my building (of only 11 apartments).

other tenants say the signs were ordered by our landlord, who lives nowhere near this building.

can our landlord have those signs here because he owns the building, even though many (if not almost all) of the tenants do not want ford?

we don't have any balconies, so to show who i support, would that sign have to be in one of my windows? or can i put a sign on the front of the building? or is that where the building's owner's sign goes? and if so, would he have to only post one, or is he allowed to plaster this building?

That's because you had a steel laryngoscope blade placed at the base of your tongue so that your epiglottis could be lifted out of the way of the breathing tube they put in. Unless Rob had surgery, that's not why he's hoarse. Not uncommon after/during chemo to get irritation of your mouth and throat.
I thought she was talking about how he sounded pre-chemo, but I could have been mistaken!

Yeah. I have a feeling, though, that he's the type to try to go out regardless of how he's feeling. After watching a Ford Fest video on NOW - which features several lingering shots of Rob during Doug's speech - I have started to have a smidge of empathy for a guy who's absolutely perpetually insecure and probably needs the attention more than anything else.

That's my take, too. Rob is hanging on to whatever bits of his "normal' life that he can. I'd imagine most people facing his issues have similar reactions, at least to varying degrees. In Rob's case, that means going out and seeking attention to deal with insecurities. Or phoning people. Not a big deal, IMO. It's what he's always done. I have no sympathy for the guy, but I don't begrudge him his choices on how to cope with a rotten diagnosis.

Graeme replied to me on Twitter.

graeme @graemeTO
@BautistaBomb @oldscotcan @judemacdonald :) We will see. We know where the momentum is. So does Kouvallis' internals.

graeme
@graemeTO
@BautistaBomb @oldscotcan @judemacdonald The line up of shocked twittercritters late Oct 27 starts to my left.

Some fine blustering.

Because when you're da mayor it's your office, your city hall, and your town. No wait, what the hell? Is this going to be a repeat of "what's that burning smell?" game again?

Just returning some calls to constituents, folks. Potholes and raccoons in the attic and whatnot.

I'd say a four year old donation to Doug Ford is small potatoes compared to SmartTrack and the decision to keep the Scarborough subway. To me this is the real evidence of poor judgment and unsuitability for the mayor's chair. He lost my vote on both of those stupid, expensive planks.

I agree that aspiring to waste a 10-digit amount of dollars on the Scarborough subway and spewing BS about SmartTrack are together the worst thing about the Tory campaign.

$2300 is obviously chump change to Tory. (BTW, how did he come up with $300 as the right amount for Doug in 2010? Did $250 seem cheap but $400 seem foolishly generous?!? ...)

But it would not have taken extraordinary wisdom and integrity to decide in 2010 that $0 was the correct donation to Fords that year and also for the rest of time. I agree with others that a more than $0 donation plus tacit support for RoFo in 2010 does not look good on Tory's record.

It looks like Tory is going to win. I'm sure I'm not alone in lamenting that we won't get a more inspiring Ford-slayer.

Tory donating to Ford Campaign in 2010.

I agree that aspiring to waste a 10-digit amount of dollars on the Scarborough subway and spewing BS about SmartTrack are together the worst thing about the Tory campaign.

$2300 is obviously chump change to Tory. (BTW, how did he come up with $300 as the right amount for Doug in 2010? Did $250 seem cheap but $400 seem foolishly generous?!? ...)

But it would not have taken extraordinary wisdom and integrity to decide in 2010 that $0 was the correct donation to Fords that year and also for the rest of time. I agree with others that a more than $0 donation plus tacit support for RoFo in 2010 does not look good on Tory's record.

It looks like Tory is going to win. I'm sure I'm not alone in lamenting that we won't get a more inspiring Ford-slayer.

Tory is the suave sophisticated face of many the same things the Fords stand for. But as Rob Ford taught us, with a good council, what the mayor wants is not a shoe-in. I haven't given up hope that Chow can rally. Call me an optimist.

I dont know how to link but ACTRA Toronto's site has a list. Doug's site still advertising a fundraising banquet at national restaurant tomorrow at 5. Tickets are 250$

The one on Sept. 29th was to be $750 per person or $2,500 for a table for four. Organized by some developers to "thank and support him". Was to be at a restaurant (not a banquet hall) and include opportunity to. "Chat with Doug". I have seen no reporting at all about it. Has anyone else?

The one on Sept. 29th was to be $750 per person or $2,500 for a table for four. Organized by some developers to "thank and support him". Was to be at a restaurant (not a banquet hall) and include opportunity to. "Chat with Doug". I have seen no reporting at all about it. Has anyone else?
Not a word. Was the location known? You'd think someone would have reported something one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back