8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what did you have in mind?

But seriously, no. There is virtually nothing that I can imagine that would shake the Nation to any degree. Hasn't just about everything been tried already? If anything, it would have to be something truly freaky. Not just more simple crack vids, drunken rants, prison and or wife beatings, general hate stuff, drunk driving, racism, COI run-o-the mill Fordisms. It would have to be something very special.

It's a pretty crazy story! If he was running for mayor still I think it would strip him of his non-core support. Who knows if will impact Doug though, even though I think he's been involved or at least fully aware of things all along.

I finally got some solid feedback on Jaclyn Dawe from an official source. I'll write a little blog piece about it if I ever find the time to update my site! I have a good Mike Del Grande piece too comparing what he said about Ford running for mayor 10 years ago with what he's saying now.

Last edited:
It is possible that the family story about the name Renwick being changed from Arenowicz has been glammed up over generational retellings by making the name change an indication that the family was originally Jewish. Maybe stories of name changes are more commonly known for Jewish people. Many family stories are made more dramatic than their reality over the years. Doug Ford Sr. swam Lake Ontario with Marilyn Bell, for example. Which would make Doug a little less an outrageous liar in this instance. Although it still wouldn't explain what his original point was supposed to be.

This is what I think happened - Karla brought the story up and Doug ran with it before checking it out.

Couldn't have done it without the Toronto Public Library.

LOL, guess who will be on the chopping block if Doug ever gets to become mayor. Anyways, as damning as the research, it would be critiques from the Jewish community that carries the most weight - keeping in mind that it isn't a community with a lack of means.

On another note, guess what sole-sourcing Doug had been doing? From the Star:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ronto_street_sweepers_cant_do_dirty_work.html

AoD

Last edited:
Good work fellow UT'ers:

Ho Hum ‏@Hohummm 10h10 hours ago
@liamdevlincasey @jpags @astridlange Was @Urban_Toronto the source? Much of this info was reported by them last night http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto/page6116

Astrid Lange ‏@astridlange 10h10 hours ago
@Hohummm ... researched concurrently, we saw the posts, but had to verify with official documents ...

Are we going to have a new pool for election day? Basic, are you interested in keeping track again?

ETA - I can do the pool if anyone is interested, basic can take a break this time :)

Last edited:
Good work fellow UT'ers:

Ho Hum ‏@Hohummm 10h10 hours ago
@liamdevlincasey @jpags @astridlange Was @Urban_Toronto the source? Much of this info was reported by them last night http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto/page6116

Astrid Lange ‏@astridlange 10h10 hours ago
@Hohummm ... researched concurrently, we saw the posts, but had to verify with official documents ...

Seems like a very diplomatic way of saying "yes, but we had to verify".

LOL, guess who will be on the chopping block if Doug ever gets to become mayor. Anyways, as damning as the research, it would be critiques from the Jewish community that carries the most weight - keeping in mind that it isn't a community with a lack of means.

On another note, guess what sole-sourcing Doug had been doing? From the Star:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ronto_street_sweepers_cant_do_dirty_work.html

AoD

Doug almost comes off as a voice of reason there, questioning the validity of a sole-source solution for a multi-source need, but then votes for it anyway.

Doug almost comes off as a voice of reason there, questioning the validity of a sole-source solution for a multi-source need, but then votes for it anyway.

Also how Ford calls out the waste of separate procurement departments. Think of how much we'd save if the police got their street sweepers on the same contract as the roads department.

This is what I think happened - Karla brought the story up and Doug ran with it before checking it out.

Something like that and/or Doug misinterpreting the religion mentioned to him at some point - compare his reference to 'Russian Orthodox Jews' when confronted by JPags.

Since he didn't publicly take Rob to task for any of his remarks at the time, his defence against Goldkind amounted to 'You can't accuse me of being racist for appearing to condone Rob's statements, because hey, I know a few Jews and my wife is kinda Jewish-ish, or something ... I don't know, I never really listen when they talk about family history. Anyway, much as I encourage people to view me and Rob as one and the same, I'm not the bigot in the family. I am in fact the lying, craven opportunist who will suck up to any group I don't actually care about in order to look like an inclusive sociopath instead of a regular sociopath'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back