8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too late for this?

Nope. It's up to the accused - he can change his plea and abandon the preliminary hearing dates anytime. And all those hoping Robbie will live long enough for Lisi's trial - keep in mind that the March (or is it May?) dates are only for a preliminary hearing. The trial is likely to be many months after that.

I've been there a number of times. Earliest was in the late 70's. I'm a 'minority' and was not uncomfortable in the least. Maybe back then the bigotry displayed today was subverted or, possibly, life was live and let live in the disco era. In fact, one of my fondest memories occurred there - don't ask, a lady never tells.

ETA: I was not a member, just a lowly guest.

It's a really nice place. Many of my family members were married there. Some of the spoiled, mouthy rich kids are obnoxious though lol.

Iola was at the debate tonight according to people who were there, but Ford Nation behaved for some reason. I only saw part of the debate and the hecklers against Ford were louder than anything.

Maybe she is still smarting from the revelations of that extraordinary synod? As to the rest of the crowd, well, campaigns on life support are never a loud, happy affair.

AoD

From today's Sun, seems like Doug is continuing to win over people:

Ford heckled at debate for comments on Tory's wealth

“You come from a totally different world than the rest of us,†he said as the crowd booed.

“Come on, give it,†yelled one man. “Let's pass the hat for Doug.â€

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/15/ford-heckled-at-debate-for-comments-on-torys-wealth

eta - still laughing at passing the hat for Doug, I love it!

From today's Sun, seems like Doug is continuing to win over people:

Ford heckled at debate for comments on Tory's wealth

“You come from a totally different world than the rest of us,†he said as the crowd booed.

“Come on, give it,†yelled one man. “Let's pass the hat for Doug.â€

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/15/ford-heckled-at-debate-for-comments-on-torys-wealth

eta - still laughing at passing the hat for Doug, I love it!

Never thought I'd see the day where a privileged white guy plays class warfare

It's a really nice place. Many of my family members were married there. Some of the spoiled, mouthy rich kids are obnoxious though lol.

Just being a rich kid does not make one obnoxious but it
does seem that an disproportionate number do turn out that way. I really didn't notice it in T.O. but living in Muskoka where they play has been an eye opener. I really notice old money v. new. Old money teach basic manners to their kids, new money might be too busy empire building. The most exclusive club up here is strangely shabby. Its run down, the golf course has a road running through it and it's staffed, poorly, by the kids and grandkids of the veddy rich. The members list would make a marketer wet himself.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd see the day where a privileged white guy plays class warfare

They do it all the time, it's just that the working class doesn't fight back as often, and they tend to get hammered back down when they do. The rich have always conducted class war against the poor though.

Just being a rich kid does not make one obnoxious but it
does seem that an disproportionate number do turn out that way. I really didn't notice it in T.O. but living in Muskoka where they play has been an eye opener. I really notice old money v. new. Old money teach basic manners to their kids, new money might be too busy empire building. The most exclusive club up here is strangely shabby. Its run down, the golf course has a road running through it and it's staffed, poorly, by the kids and grandkids of the veddy rich. The members list would make a marketer wet himself.

They eventually grow up a bit but many of the wealthy youth golfers there boss around the staff like they're second class citizens. A couple of guys I know were like that but they mellowed out with age.

Nah..it will be Krista who makes the run.....

Despite what www.dougford.ca says: "Doug resides in Etobicoke with his wife Karla and four daughters – Krista, Kayla, Kara and Kyla.", I believe Krista lives with her boyfriend and not in Toronto. So I think that makes her ineligible to run (in Toronto). Not sure who, if any of the girls still live at home full time (I think at least one is a university student at WLU).

Despite what www.dougford.ca says: "Doug resides in Etobicoke with his wife Karla and four daughters – Krista, Kayla, Kara and Kyla.", I believe Krista lives with her boyfriend and not in Toronto. So I think that makes her ineligible to run (in Toronto). Not sure who, if any of the girls still live at home full time (I think at least one is a university student at WLU).

WLU KFo graduated so not there anymore.

But, how's this "•an owner or tenant of land in the City of Toronto"

Could a wealthy Dad buy a small patch of dirt in the City and put it under joint ownership of his family and friends?
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...2c36902f5d310VgnVCM1000006cd60f89RCRD#council

WLU KFo graduated so not there anymore.

Are we going to have to assign numbers to the KFos?

ie: KFo1, KFo2 etc.

Avery Haines @CityAvery
We asked the top 3 to invite us into their homes. First up: the "P" word Doug refuses to use+Karla talks Judaism.
Bz_T4SJIUAA2ylO.jpg

https://twitter.com/CityAvery/status/522369045879087104
Time to play the guessing game. What could the "P" word be?

Attachments

• Bz_T4SJIUAA2ylO.jpg
    Bz_T4SJIUAA2ylO.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 899
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back