IMG_8777.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 1,544
  • IMG_8779.jpg
    IMG_8779.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,539
  • IMG_8780.jpg
    IMG_8780.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,522
In this image, I wonder if the balconies will jeopardize the continuity of the vertical "lines." the glass that is currently up is angled to match the line from one floor to the next, but the balcony glass I'm sure will not be angled.

I guess we now have a definitive answer for the vertical slope of the balcony glass; it isn't angled. Kind of expected, but disappointing at the same time.

As seen in scamander24's photo below, the fluidity is definitely interrupted. Hopefully it'll be less of an issue when looking at the overall package:

CNj4Lwu.jpg

That area you have circled is spandrel (if that is the correct term) and not balcony glass or railing. That being said, I suspect that the balcony glass won't be angled, but I could be wrong.

Balcony glass on the renders looks like it's been depicted as straight vertical, and it looks fine. Your eye will make the adjustments to keep it a smooth curve, since that's the dominant shape. If I look at the photographs now and try to imagine balcony glass there, it seems to me that it would be more distracting, not look quite right, if it was angled. We don't expect balcony barriers to lean outwards - it would appear unsafe and capture too much of our focus for that reason.

Good eye, that's odd, weird to even include a logo, unless Apple paid for the production of that video or the installation itself.
Not sure how I feel about the sculpture... looks like it is basically one of those inflatable blowing straw guys but clad in a reflective material.
But hey as long as its not a goose protecting a baby I'm ok with it.

Umm... did anyone else notice the Apple logo in that video?

Artistic license taken by whoever did the rendering, I'm sure. It's happened before on renderings that have been posted here, and everyone always gets in a lather about nothing.

What a fantastic gateway to downtown. The art piece is almost redundant. The building itself stands as public art.

Back