News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in the story of Ford at polling stations: the Ford campaign is using Rob to ferry individual seniors to polling stations. Doesn't that seem like a waste of a pretty big resource?

It appears to me to be the "Boy Scout assisting the elderly/challenged across the street" scam to recapture lost votes.

I've noticed that, in the photos of Rob I've seen in the past 48 hours, there is a noticeable lack of the 'adoring selfie' factor. No cute girls in the club, no posing with the bros, just Rob wandering around, shuffling along aimlessly. Most people seem to be keeping at arms' length and many are sneering, scowling or just looking on in disapproval from a distance. Allegedly, some have been yelling and heckling.

Maybe my perception is playing tricks but, to me, things seem to be pretty different.

I've noticed that, in the photos of Rob I've seen in the past 48 hours, there is a noticeable lack of the 'adoring selfie' factor. No cute girls in the club, no posing with the bros, just Rob wandering around, shuffling along aimlessly. Most people seem to be keeping at arms' length and many are sneering, scowling or just looking on in disapproval from a distance. Allegedly, some have been yelling and heckling.

Maybe my perception is playing tricks but, to me, things seem to be pretty different.

I guess it's because of playing the "I am (insert here)" cards. It may be me but he is really starting to look like his father, not specifically when he was sick.

Worse yet, they call then Liberals "leftists", despite clearly being a centrist party. Ford Nation is and has always been an extremist group. They just happened to rope in some oblivious voters last time around.

Which is a bit of a holdover from whatever Free Dominion/Canada Free Press realm a lot of these howler monkey types might as well be coming from.

In that light--once again, speculating on the "what if they formed a political party": considering that Arthur Smitherman was a federal Canadian Action Party candidate, and I've witnessed another FN troll give a "hey, don't call me Conservative, I'm a member of the Canadian Action Party!" rejoinder, I'm wondering whether they'd be up to co-opting the organization of an existing party like CAP (or, provincially, the Freedom Party) for their purposes...

Was at the inlaw\s this evening, and a neighbour has, somewhat paradoxically, Joe Mahevic (sp) and a number of Ford signs up, in Witchwood. Also saw a slew of FordMayor signs on the north side of St. Clair between Keele and Runnymede. Ugh.

Was at the inlaw\s this evening, and a neighbour has, somewhat paradoxically, Joe Mahevic (sp) and a number of Ford signs up, in Witchwood. Also saw a slew of FordMayor signs on the north side of St. Clair between Keele and Runnymede. Ugh.

Maybe they don't like the St Clair streetcar either?

Cunning-Linguist? :p

I've seen 12 year old internet trolls with a better grasp of the English language and logic than SAL.

Gotta feel bad for Warmington. At least SAL is a bit older, and will likely retire when Post Media gives her the pink slip. Warmington is going to have to find a new job, and there aren't many papers which will hire him with his portfolio. His best bet will be to get in with Fox News in the US, but even then they will have to overlook the fact that he spent the last 4 years defending a crack head.

aha! a sternly worded letter! that should put these Fords in their place!!
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/523972498405478400

As expected in this crazy town. Because this is nucking futs, in a healthy functional system this shenanigans would've gotten the offending candidate tossed on their posterior, post haste. You know, after the letting Da Mayor skate on something silly and small like the first(!) crack thing. :p

Cooper said:
FFS. Next time, the local returning officer should just call the cops.

You know I agree with that, they really should. The problem however, which aspect of TPS will show up? The one that seems to treat Rofo's numerous 911 domestic calls as routine? The one that has no problem letting wino MINO commit DUIs? Maybe Taverner can personally show up like it's no thing? Maybe Blair can send a Cessna to observe, while neglecting to take samples from strange envelopes, that would've put a "regular folk" like me in cuffs and in the back of a cruiser? In a city where the last 4 years of circus antics has left me with little trust in many of the institution that was supposed to protect and guard the city. Forget it Jake, it's crazy town indeed.

Wow, Graeme is dense! He doesn't think that being a jerk on social media will have any kind of impact on Doug's campaign or his future employment. I reminded him that Gene Simmons deleted his Twitter account when some stupid posts got him into the national spotlight.

Last edited:
I must confess I've found myself really looking forward to Doug's concession speech. If he even bothers to make an appearance, I can see it going something like this:

funny-go-fuck-yourself-man-arms-animated-comic.gif

Attachments

• funny-go-fuck-yourself-man-arms-animated-comic.gif
    funny-go-fuck-yourself-man-arms-animated-comic.gif
    150.2 KB · Views: 966
Graeme is being paid to be a jerk, from what I can see. The off-hours are just a passion for the job.

Pretty lucky guy. Gets paid to do what comes natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back