News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Thomson banged on my door last night and we had an interersting discussion. In between all the niceties I pointedly asked her about the March of 2013 Garrison Ball assgrab and asked pointedly why she backed off in her assertion and condemnation. She said that it came to light that Ford was sick and had been battling cancer for the last year....meaning in the year before the Garrison Ball. I was incredulous..I mentioned that the media seemed to back away from assgrab gate and the whole incident was skipped over to the next stupor. She said the media became aware around the same time and that several members apologized to her once it became known to them. I was shocked that she was telling me this stuff at my doorstep.

She asked me for my vote and I explained the entire dynamic of ward 20 and that the race is Joe Cressy's to lose. She said her polling numbers showed her at 30% and Joe at 28%...but the media wouldn't publish it because she was gonna split the progressive vote and alklow a right wing candidate to win.

She went on...saying that in her mayoral run she was polling at 16% but the media wouldn't cover it because they felt she would split the vote there too. She claims that polling commissioned by her team proved the "fact" but the media wouldn't allow her on the A team of candidates.

A volunteer began tugging at her to move on to the next and off she went leaving behind a few strands of dread suspended in the light of my condo hallway...

Sarah Thomson banged on my door last night and we had an interersting discussion. In between all the niceties I pointedly asked her about the March of 2013 Garrison Ball assgrab and asked pointedly why she backed off in her assertion and condemnation. She said that it came to light that Ford was sick and had been battling cancer for the last year....meaning in the year before the Garrison Ball. I was incredulous..I mentioned that the media seemed to back away from assgrab gate and the whole incident was skipped over to the next stupor. She said the media became aware around the same time and that several members apologized to her once it became known to them. I was shocked that she was telling me this stuff at my doorstep.

She asked me for my vote and I explained the entire dynamic of ward 20 and that the race is Joe Cressy's to lose. She said her polling numbers showed her at 30% and Joe at 28%...but the media wouldn't publish it because she was gonna split the progressive vote and alklow a right wing candidate to win.

She went on...saying that in her mayoral run she was polling at 16% but the media wouldn't cover it because they felt she would split the vote there too. She claims that polling commissioned by her team proved the "fact" but the media wouldn't allow her on the A team of candidates.

A volunteer began tugging at her to move on to the next and off she went leaving behind a few strands of dread suspended in the light of my condo hallway...

Hmm. I'm skeptical that f he had cancer way back someone would have pressed about it. Would have been one more reason to step down. Any thoughts?

Hmm. I'm skeptical that f he had cancer way back someone would have pressed about it. Would have been one more reason to step down. Any thoughts?

I'd take anything she says with a giant grain of salt. She was tweeting the 16% internal polling number when she was still running for Mayor. No one was buying it. Her poll question was likely very leading, (eg: "If the top three candidates had died in a plane crash, or been arrested or otherwise withdrew from the race, would you vote for ST?" ...okay probably not *that* leading)
Also the previous cancer was appendicitis, although I'm not sure we (collective) knew about that until the Mount Sinai Doctor's presser.

Marc Coward has once again amazed me:

"The soundtrack of our lives: My #TOpoli mix tape"

"This pick goes against established mix tape orthodoxy that you start with a fast song and get progressively slower before concluding with “Every Rose Has Its Thorn”. Furthermore, if you’re trying to woo a woman (or maintain the will to live), you may wish to give Nick Cave a wide berth. However, other than Karla Ford’s great-grandmother (maybe), there is nothing orthodox about where we find ourselves."

http://citythatworks.ca/?p=288

I want some of whatever Sarah's smoking.

Me too, and that's not something I've done in probably 20 years.
The polling at or over Cressy's numbers is the result of some carefully worded question (and probably only among her volunteers, so sample size is probably also an issue.) Not any actual reality.

Me too, and that's not something I've done in probably 20 years.
The polling at or over Cressy's numbers is the result of some carefully worded question (and probably only among her volunteers, so sample size is probably also an issue.) Not any actual reality.
It certainly does seem that Sarah and reality are not closely connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back