News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the "you'll be dead by Christmas" line to mean "...if you stop chemotherapy" so I don't think it tells us too much. (as for Sara Thomson (or Thompson, whatever) I think she's full of horsecrap)

Geez that article is really pro-Ford, who the hell is that writer? And what's this?

In his brief time on the campaign trail, he’s made some astute moves. Arguably, it was smarter to talk to fans at the Maple Leaf home opener than attend a debate on social issues at Regent Park. There would be more debates. And don’t people who are barely scraping by on low-wage jobs understand why he spurned the Empire Club speech with a table of 10 going for $800? Not bad optics as long as his wealth is overlooked.

How? What? He stands up for poor people by skipping the Empire Club debate AND the Regent Park debate?? It's good optics to skip a debate to hang out with Leafs fans? Are we really the dumb hosers we're made out to be in parodies?? How does this whole paragraph even make sense?

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 · 3m3 minutes ago
"Get the fuck out of here. This is Ford Nation, bitch," man walking by tells Olivia Chow.

I took the "you'll be dead by Christmas" line to mean "...if you stop chemotherapy" so I don't think it tells us too much. (as for Sara Thomson (or Thompson, whatever) I think she's full of horsecrap)

Geez that article is really pro-Ford, who the hell is that writer? And what's this?

In his brief time on the campaign trail, he’s made some astute moves. Arguably, it was smarter to talk to fans at the Maple Leaf home opener than attend a debate on social issues at Regent Park. There would be more debates. And don’t people who are barely scraping by on low-wage jobs understand why he spurned the Empire Club speech with a table of 10 going for $800? Not bad optics as long as his wealth is overlooked.

How? What? He stands up for poor people by skipping the Empire Club debate AND the Regent Park debate?? It's good optics to skip a debate to hang out with Leafs fans? Are we really the dumb hosers we're made out to be in parodies?? How does this whole paragraph even make sense?

By and large, yea, we (bigger collective, not here collective we) kinda are. Someone surveyed the percentage of Canadians that had heard about Trudeau's whip out your cf-18's joke. 70% had not. SEVENTY PERCENT. And that's with all the Con poutrage for days after too..

Hmm. I'm skeptical that f he had cancer way back someone would have pressed about it. Would have been one more reason to step down. Any thoughts?

It peaks my interest of what she was told, and it would be real irony if the "cancer" revelation was to hush things and turned out as it did; poetic justice?

It would not be the first whisper campaign to allow certain behavior.

It peaks my interest of what she was told, and it would be real irony if the "cancer" revelation was to hush things and turned out as it did; poetic justice?

It would not be the first whisper campaign to allow certain behavior.

Sarah claimed it was common knowlege in the political arena. I have my doubts...I think it's more likely that she stopped raising cane because it came to light that she and her assistant were overheard plotting to try and get Ford to do it again...on camera. I think the story as spun by Sarah simply was a convenient lie-excuse to quell my questions...

As for the rest of Ford's behavior that night...totally believable.

Rob is feeling so poorly that he can show up dressed all bad ass at Steak Queen at 11:00pm?

C'mon, the guy has cancer. He's now allowed to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, without moral or legal limits. Just like when he was mayor. Show up on Monday at a polling station with a big wad of cash to hand out to eligible voters--who's going to stop him?

Here's a pic of me from a few years ago. I'm in the middle row at the far side on the right
View attachment 36286

I didn't know you went to the same school as Rob Ford.

download (1).jpg

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 793
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back