News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think FN will go downtown, they will probably riot in the plazas that the camping offices are in.

This is going to be Ford nation in a few hours.

images.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 720
That the Sun printed that is close to literally unbelievable. The whole chain from Donato to whoever made the last go/no-go decision is awful.

What the hell. Sun Media employs Ezra L and Joe W, spews out a shitload of toxic BS every day, i'm used to that, and still I find myself shocked.

Though a caveat: Donato *always* portrays NDPers in Mao jackets--Hampton, Layton, Miller, etc. Unfortunately, it intersects uncomfortably w/Olivia's race here.

I don't think they ever watched him down vodka and gatorade. That was a story one of his staffers told to police after the fact and included in the initial ITO.
You're right, it was grape juice:

"The term “Purple Jesus†never appears, but police surveillance reports offer compelling evidence as to Rob Ford’s go-to beverage in times of emergency. Officers had watched one evening last August as Toronto’s large, imperfect mayor stole down the footpath of a leafy park just a stone’s throw from his mom’s home in the western Toronto suburb of Etobicoke. There, away from prying eyes and apparently unburdened by mayoral duties, Rob Ford whiled away the better part of an hour, and officers who whisked to the scene afterward didn’t have to look hard for clues as to what he’d been up to: one spent bottle of Iceberg Vodka lay on the ground. With it was an empty container of Tropicana grape juice."

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/rob-fords-wild-ride/

Re DoFo's donor's list: keep in mind that not only is Mosun a Deco neighbour, so's Mantella--their longtime base of operations in that small office building at Kipling + Greensboro...

Though a caveat: Donato *always* portrays NDPers in Mao jackets--Hampton, Layton, Miller, etc. Unfortunately, it intersects uncomfortably w/Olivia's race here.

It's also part of a series of panels mocking all the contestants, so it looks even worse out of context.

You're right, it was grape juice:

"The term “Purple Jesus†never appears, but police surveillance reports offer compelling evidence as to Rob Ford’s go-to beverage in times of emergency. Officers had watched one evening last August as Toronto’s large, imperfect mayor stole down the footpath of a leafy park just a stone’s throw from his mom’s home in the western Toronto suburb of Etobicoke. There, away from prying eyes and apparently unburdened by mayoral duties, Rob Ford whiled away the better part of an hour, and officers who whisked to the scene afterward didn’t have to look hard for clues as to what he’d been up to: one spent bottle of Iceberg Vodka lay on the ground. With it was an empty container of Tropicana grape juice."

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/rob-fords-wild-ride/

Like with impaired driving, I know for a fact cops could've busted Ford with marijuana possession any time they wanted to but they were pursuing something bigger. That something bigger might never pan out but that was the thinking behind them letting Ford get away with minor stuff.

It's also part of a series of panels mocking all the contestants, so it looks even worse out of context.

There is one reason and only one that OC, uniquely, is depicted as wearing slanted glasses.

Oh. Didn't notice that! Good point.

After a quickie google that's a popular tie, he was wearing it the day he ran all the reporters into that increasingly narrow back hall, and a handful of other less exciting days. There is an undated pic used as a link (not in the article) to a story from July about Provincial funding for his subways where he's even got the same length hair, same suit and similar shirt.. but the tie has been re-tied (stripes don't line up the same way at the knot) and in the instagram pic, he's lost his Toronto pin.
rob-ford.jpg

Attachments

• rob-ford.jpg
    rob-ford.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 729
There should be enough FoFam shenanigans today to still need a few more days to sort out... besides, he's still MINO 'til end of November...

^this. I bet there will be lots of garbage as they tear the mayoral necklace out of his hands. Or he will replace it with one made from discarded crack aluminum foil

Like with impaired driving, I know for a fact cops could've busted Ford with marijuana possession any time they wanted to but they were pursuing something bigger. That something bigger might never pan out but that was the thinking behind them letting Ford get away with minor stuff.

At this phase, I am more interested in DoFo getting nailed than RoFo, whom as someone getting nailed by nature and addiction will have an interesting life ahead of him.

AoD

I wonder if they wanted to wait until the election is over so that there would be no bad optics. Wouldn't it be loverly if, once the winners are announced....they drag them away in cuffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back