News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting the scene for Doug's victim impact statement (concession speech) later today...

ddale8 10:39am via Twitter for iPhone
RT @powellbetsy: "We have a lot of love and support out there," says Karla Ford. "The haters believe me they don't know my husband."

You really think so? I think this has motivated a lot of people to keep Ford out of office.

The other night two ladies were interviewed on the sidewalk by a TV reporter. TV guy actually used the word "strategic" in front of them.

Judging by their facial expressions, he may as well have been suggesting strategic bombing.

That is when it occurred to me that Doug was likely to get in.

RT @powellbetsy: "We have a lot of love and support out there," says Karla Ford. "The haters believe me they don't know my husband."

I don't hate Doug. Just don't ask me to vote for him. :D

"Is there any use of the term "haters" that doesn't amount to a dismissal of legitimate criticism of someone indefensible?"
https://twitter.com/DanFmTo/status/526747724335812608

I am voting with my heart (Chow), with no fear of Druggo getting in. This is from someone who has strategically voted in the past when needed.

I am not placing a ton of stock in the polls. I believe that Ford will be lower than he is polling, potentially substantially, likely in 3rd place and as mentioned earlier, below 20%. I think Chow has more support than the polls show.

I would be a metric ton more surprised to see Doug win before Chow. Even if the polls are taken as somewhat accurate, for Chow to pass Tory, she is going to have to pull lots of votes from Tory. Tory would come down quite a bit, but Chow would go up quite a bit, surpassing Doug. If she doesn't pull enough voters from Tory, Tory still wins. There is no going up the middle for Doug, he is too far behind Tory. At worst it will make it a tighter result, with Tory coming in lower than polled, and Chow higher, with Ford steady and a Tory mayoralty.

That being said, I do think that the strategic vote-Tory-lest-Ford movement will be the decisive factor when all is said and done. Chow really bungled her opportunity to be the champion of that block.

Nicely said. It's a shame that the subject even came up, and it's entirely thanks to Doug.

Last edited:
I'm not worried. I doubt Ford has enough #s to create problems even with many voting for Chow. The polling station was packed this morning! There will be a record busting turnout today!

And also remember that the Twitter-verse is not reflective of the voting public.

Gold star for you for providing the first comedy gold of the day. "I was a mayor..I'm da mayor...I'm still da mayor! You know who I am?! Mayor Rob Effing Ford! Mayor...sob...ford..sob.."

robfordbitch.jpg

Attachments

• robfordbitch.jpg
    robfordbitch.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 732
I'm not worried. I doubt Ford has enough #s to create problems even with many voting for Chow. The polling station was packed this morning! There will be a record busting turnout today!

And also remember that the Twitter-verse is not reflective of the voting public.

Ya, remember when Kinsella proclaimed Tory done after he denied the existence of white privilege? No one i know even picked up on that.

Setting the scene for Doug's victim impact statement (concession speech) later today...

She's right I don't know Doug Jr and I dislike him strongly.
When I first came here, I kinda liked RoFo because of the worldwide laughing stock he made my old personal nemesis...then I got to "know", er learn of what utter pieces of shit they all are, and have come to sympathize with TO, for the simple fact that the FoFam was on the verge of introducing their perverse spin on American politics to the rest of Canadian municipal politics. Hopefully the electoral beating is thoroughly decisive.

My wife has my promise to quit following the FoFam after today. I'm not sure what I'll do for a hobby now, and am a bit sad at not reading your thoughts and insights.

Best of luck today from Calgary. The rest of us know you can correct the FoFam experiment.
Here's a pic of me and a singer at a club wearing an old western separatist hat from the 80s. (Yes, it was during Stampede.)
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 718
photoshopped pic of Rob as Rick James as portrayed by Dave Chapelle.jpg

Hah, there might be a small chance when Rob has to hand over the keys and official bling, he will act sorta kinda remorseful. "I'm sorry City of Toronto, I was having too much fun!". Inevitably however, I know the second I feel even a twinge of sympathy, Rob will grind his dirty cowboy boots all over my new white leather couch that is my heart. "F&$K your couch!".

Bitter Kinsella and his gal pal coming out with a last minute smear job? These two are pathetic.

The buy in for today's headlines is 50 million dollars and 3 sexual assaults. I think Kinsella and Kirby are a day late and millions short....

No. Race. (None of the examples you gave, and none of Donato's other Mao-suit or Hitler cartoons, refer to racial characteristics.)

Agree with this. Facial characteristics are fair game in caricature if they stand out on the subject amongst their fellows of the same race (Joe Clark's ears, Trudeau's nose and buck teeth, etc.) However, Olivia Chow most definitely doesn't have the portrayed eye-slant as a personal physical characteristic - so that was a rather sickening gratuitous racial stereotype, IMO.

(The entire cartoon was lame, IMO, even without that aspect. Pure spleen, without the political merit or salient content that makes for good editorial cartoons.)

Bitter Kinsella and his gal pal coming out with a last minute smear job? These two are pathetic.
Timing does seem to be a bit odd. There's been no shortage of info already about John Tory's approach to women. But is any of this particularly surprising of someone who is in their 60s given when they grew up?

(The entire cartoon was lame, IMO, even without that aspect. Pure spleen, without the political merit or salient content that makes for good editorial cartoons.)

It is lame and negatively stereotypical, but the one with Wynne and the broken glasses got to win the prize of distastefulness.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back