News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to see how the Fords use Mikey as the proxy to work the TDSB.

AoD

I wonder if they'll bother?

The truth about the Fords and politics is that they love the prestige and the grandstanding on broad ideological "principles". They love temper tantrums on the floor of council. They do not like the actual, mundane work of being a councillor. I suspect the even more mundane issues of the school board will bore them to tears.

Of course, there is the whole expense scandal thing. I'm sure they'll coach Mikey on how to have a full Fordian red-faced tantrum over that. But I don't think Mikey will be very good at it. His uncles will soon become preoccupied with their own stuff.

Poor Mikey is in over his head and on his own. If he doesn't have a substance abuse issue yet, I suspect it won't be long.

So last night I was at Chow Nation camping HQ, and the overall mood there was not sad as much as shocked. There were some cheers as we watched the council lefties get re-elected, along with some boos at Mammoliti, Rob Ford, etc. I think Olivia gave a great speech, and she remained in good spirits as she mingled with the crowd of supporters. But I have to say that I was shocked too. Those 5 beers I had helped me process what just happened, so now that the buzz has worn off I would like to ask: what the hell Toronto?

I'm starting to wonder if Toronto is not a progressive city anymore. I knew Tory was gonna win, but I was at least hoping that we would not be stupid enough to give Doug 2nd place. But how stupid of me to think that Torontonians are smart people. They decided that lying asshole Doug not only deserved a very solid 2nd place (not far behind Tory at all), but also that "I care about you" Olivia Chow should be distant third behind said asshole.

Ward 2, seriously what a bunch of pea brains. Andray Domise would have been a wonderful councillor, and what did they do? They ripped his signs up, spat on them, shat on them, and overwhelmingly re-elected chemo patient Rob. I didn't think Andray would actually end up in 3rd, since supposedly he was the "only one who could beat Ford". This just proves my earlier point that internal polls are complete bullshit. Oh, and Mikey is now trustee. Great. You could have a cockroach run for public office and these people will vote for it as long as it's a Ford. I've had it with this part of the city. To say that Ward 2 is an ugly, blighted, scar upon the city is an understatement. Forget about de-amalgamation, maybe Ward 2 should separate from Canada.

In other news, every freaking incumbent councillor got re-elected, including Mammo, DMW, Grimes, Palacio, Nuinziata. Actually, out of all the terrible incumbents, voters decided that Parker was the only one who didn't deserve to be re-elected. Then there are also some new faces, such as Stephen Holyday. Yuck. I guess Etobicoke can't have any good councillors. If there's anything about the results to be happy about, it's that at least Ford is no longer mayor. But this wont be the last time we hear about them. I fully expect a by-election to happen sooner or later in Ward 2, for obvious reasons. Which Ford will run this time? Will Mikey resign from trustee? Will Randy give it a try? Will Doug push one of his kaka daughters into politics? And then there's also the 2018 election to worry about.

But with that being said, I wish all the best for Tory. So far he's off to a good start.

Oh great. A sobbing taxpayer on CP24 who apparently is about to lose her house momentarily now that Tory has won. She did say it's terrible that people don't understand politics, or something like that

I saw that too. She said something like "I will have to move out of the city because SmartTrack is going to tax us out of our home". She drank the Ford koolaid, yet is somehow not falling for the sham that is TIF. I hope she moves out of Toronto. There are more idiots here than we can handle. Seriously, just get out!

Last edited:
That said, this was very difficult to read. There were typos and grammatical errors all over, and her age and maturity level really shone through.

I've never met her, and I'm not a doctor, but it reads like someone who should talk to one.
http://www.morganbaskin.ca/so_what_s_next

Congratulations, she came in number 8 out of the 67 candidates registered on the City of Toronto website:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_mayoral_election,_2014#Results

Last edited:
Ah that was good. What prompted that comment?

I am not sure to be honest. At least someone talks back to him.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 7m7 minutes ago
New TDSB trustee Michael Ford suggests he'll be an ally to queer students: http://bit.ly/133CRme (h/t @UnionSt)

The opposite of Rob and Doug.

The opposite of Rob and Doug.

What does he know about being an ally (not to even start by dissecting the whole notion of ally can be highly problematical in the first place)? What's his track record? An ally certainly wouldn't stand back while your uncles spew forth homophobic BS.

AoD

I've never met her, and I'm not a doctor, but it reads like someone bordering on a nervous breakdown:
She's fine, leave her alone. She's 19 - it's a blog post. I read it and was impressed to the degree she committed to what she was doing. I'm confident that her prospects are amazing. Didn't notice typos or other errors all over. How can someone be regularly reading this site and suddenly get picky about spelling and grammar?

Perhaps this has been posted here already, the thread is moving pretty quickly today. So my apologies if it's a repost, but geeze...

[video]http://instagram.com/p/urlHiZJKhp/[/video]

Isn't this the same person that Mayor Crime Lord offered to fix their caps lock key up-thread?

https://twitter.com/PennyMorrisonTO/status/527132724717694976

Other fine tweets:

THE END IS COMING SOON JOHN TORY WILL SMARTRACK US POOR TAXPAYERS STRAIGHT TO HELL
CAN I BORROW ANOTHER 20 DOLLARS? “@doug_ford_eyes: @PennyMorrisonTO *stares* â€
NICE POPPY MR TORY BUT IT DOESN'T HIDE YOUR TERRORIST TIES WITH ISIS AND THE CFL
THINK HOW MUCH MY SUN NEWS PACKAGE ON MY ROGERS CABLE WILL COST NOW

https://twitter.com/PennyMorrisonTO/status/527141202899243008

I like how the chandelier makes her look like she's wearing a crown like those margarine commercials of yore. :)

Also:
THIS IS PROBABLY SATIRE BUT I FORGOT TO TAKE MY MEDS TODAY

I think chains are being yanked.

Oh yeah? Well, we have Iola!

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 2.59.41 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 2.59.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 2.59.41 PM.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 870
What does he know about being an ally (not to even start by dissecting the whole notion of ally can be highly problematical in the first place)? What's his track record? An ally certainly wouldn't stand back while your uncles spew forth homophobic BS.

AoD

Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Mutey. He has no idea what he is about to get into as a trustee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back