News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I'm a bit excited about the possibility. Let the PCPO, which stood silently by while the Fords did their best to destroy Toronto, get their own taste of the cheating, lying, and policy-free ambitions of Doug Ford.

Many in the province, the country in fact, enjoyed some Schadenfreude at our expense.

Just saw Doug on the CBC and he's going to think about running for the nomination. A guy less likeable than Hudak. Perfect.

Hmm, if Doug does run, there is a chance at more hilarity.
(Cribbed and modified from "Dumb and Dumber")

Doug: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a provincial party like me... ending up together?
OPC: Well, Doug, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Doug: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Ontario PC. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
OPC: Not good.
Doug: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
OPC: I'd say more like one out of a billion.

[pause]

Doug: So you're telling me there's a chance... YEAH!

Don't want to freak anyone out or harsh the small buzz of relief that's wafting over the city, but had to point out that in Hamilton, Eisenberger (sp?) was mayor. got turfed in 2010, sat on council instead, and is now mayor again. So assuming Councillor Ford survives the next four years....

Well not only lives, but manages to not fuck up again. Not bloody likely.

I think the whole plan was Rob knew he would not win as Mayor, then he got sick so other bimbo brother took his place.. Then they master minded ok Rob will run for his ward knowing damn well his cancer will not allow him to do his job so bam if Doug lost his election he can always go and once again save the day and take Robs place in Ward 2.. Seems Ward 2 are crazy for the fords so they are stuck with them there.. Now about the 3rd ass of a Ford.. His court date again is tomorrow for non payment of child support .. NewMarket court , would be nice to have press show up when he walks out.. DEADBEAT DAD UGH...

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV but RoFo will not beat his cancer. He will be so weakened and sickly from more chemo, the radiation, and surgery that he won't be spending much time in council. It's an aggressive cancer and he is not the picture of health.

What if they just offer him a safe back-bench seat to make him go away?

You mean a donation of a park bench to the Douglas B. Ford Park so Doug can sit there and feed the pigeons or something? Sure why not. Pass the hat around, I got a jar of pennies I am willing to generously and humbly donate to the cause.

I haven't had a chance to read everything today, but in case it wasn't mentioned, congrats to polluted for winning the pool, with a guess of 32%!

It should be noted that, sadly, polluted had the 2nd highest guess.

Congrats polluted, now that you've won what are you going to do?

Re: Doug and the provincial PC leadership

Doug capitalized on the disinfranchized poorly informed voter in Toronto to get his 33% of the vote here. Let me tell you as someone who has spent most of their life in various parts on Ontario that are not in the GTA: everyone else hates Toronto, especially the disinfranchied poorly informed voters. He would not appeal even to those voters that should be his base outside the GTA. It would be the worst thing the PC party could do. If they want a crazy outsider, they should let Randy Hillier be leader. He'd have a better chance (although I warn you - he's crazier than the Fords).

Nope, nothing wrong indeed. I'm sure it wouldn't make his family happy. I actually feel some empathy for him. From everything I've heard from people who know him, he is a nice person who is being painted with the same brush as his uncles. Must be tough

He want's to separate himself from uncles then he has a chance as trustee... changing his name to Ford is a step in the wrong direction.

Good-bye and good riddance...

lizchurchto 4:39pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
"Toronto's loss, Chicago's gain," Doug Ford says when asked about his plans for private life.

We can only hope wait, there's a T.V. show there, we can call it Chicago Hope!

I have to admit I'm a bit excited about the possibility. Let the PCPO, which stood silently by while the Fords did their best to destroy Toronto, get their own taste of the cheating, lying, and policy-free ambitions of Doug Ford.

I'm thrilled at the possibility. Watching him get his ass royally kicked would be the source of endless amusement.

Good lord - McLeod and Elliott are totally going to kick him to the curb. Does Doug not realize that politics gets harder the higher you climb.

Just for kicks, I asked both of them on Twitter if they want him running.

34 days till Mayor Rob Ford's last day as Mayor of Toronto.

35 days till Mayor John Tory's first day as Mayor of Toronto.

Let me tell you as someone who has spent most of their life in various parts on Ontario that are not in the GTA: everyone else hates Toronto, especially the disinfranchied poorly informed voters.

I've never lived outside of TO, so I wouldn't know about that. But, I do know that, since TO dropped the residency requirement, members of my profession with many years experience working out of town were willing to leave to pursue their "dreams", as they put it, to work here.

I would imagine that to be true of many other professions as well. This city attracts the best and brightest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back