4.7K     0 

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
n2g_969.jpg

pros:

10ft ceilings
Huge living room and kitchen.
Great view looking North/West (soon to be obstructed I'm sure)

Cons:
Long hallway
small/narrow 2nd bedroom.
smallish master.
Could have done more with the space (ie: a full 2nd bathroom, bigger bedrooms)

This place would appeal to someone who loves to entertain/cook and uses their bedroom for only one thing. To sleep.

it's horrible use of space from 969 sq. ft. !

seriously, 10'6" x 9'0" Master bedroom and only 1.5 baths ?!?

Cecconi Simone fucked up on this building IMO ...
* copied and pasted features and finishes from their other projects
* many of the units are narrow and deep, along with interior bedrooms

it's horrible use of space from 969 sq. ft. !

seriously, 10'6" x 9'0" Master bedroom and only 1.5 baths ?!?

Cecconi Simone fucked up on this building IMO ...
* copied and pasted features and finishes from their other projects
* many of the units are narrow and deep, along with interior bedrooms

I think the master bed size is fine. It's deep enough to have a dresser at the end of the bed and wide enough to accommodate a queen sized bed and two side tables.

The unit will appeal to a buyer who loves to entertain (huge living space and massive kitchen with plenty of storage). It could have been laid out better, though. I'll agree with you there.

Cecconi Simone makes me scratch my head with their "design".

As for the units in the building. They have a lot of interior bedrooms, mediocre finishes and weird 1.5 bath configurations. But the unit sizes are generous and some have 10ft ceilings. There's a lot I like about the project and a number of things I dislike.

A Cecconi Simone designed suite/interior is a deal breaker in my book. Recycled trendy interiors which are not designed for real living or longevity, and poorly designed floor plans. I don't understand why developers use them so often.

This is in Vu which is a slightly older condo where units are on the larger side and doesn't suffer from a lot of the silly designer clichés you see a lot in condos today. While I appreciate the spacious living and kitchen areas, the bedrooms and bathroom needs a lot of improvement. This is really a 1 bedroom + den, rather than a true 2 bedroom. I really hate how the closets are thrown into the corner of each room as an afterthought, they should be better integrated into the room with no awkward corners sticking into the room.

If you want to use the 2nd "bedroom" as a bedroom I would relocate the closet to where the sliding door is which will make the room 8'-4" x 9'-3", while not big, it will make the room better proportioned to fit a bed.

Having two doors into the bathroom is annoying as you need to lock two doors to use it and the doors often bang into each other. I would get rid of the door from the master bedroom to the bathroom and expand the closet to the entire width of the room, and move the door to the bedroom to the other corner of the room (near the window wall).
Another option if you don't often use the 2nd bedroom as a bedroom is to make the bathroom as an en-suite and eliminate the door to the living room. This would allow you to have a very wide vanity, possibly with dual sinks.

For the kitchen, the sink is oddly located in the far corner of the large kitchen not ideal for cooking or entertaining. The dishwasher and sink should be flipped around so that it is better located and it is located closer to the window which is a rare feature to have in a kitchen. A better option is to have the sink in the large island.

I don't mind the long hallway as it creates a separation from the entrance to the living area and allows for a nice span of wall to display art.

Last edited:
A Cecconi Simone designed suite/interior is a deal breaker in my book. Recycled trendy interiors which are not designed for real living or longevity, and poorly designed floor plans. I don't understand why developers use them so often.

This is in Vu which is a slightly older condo where units are on the larger side and doesn't suffer from a lot of the silly designer clichés you see a lot in condos today. While I appreciate the spacious living and kitchen areas, the bedrooms and bathroom needs a lot of improvement. This is really a 1 bedroom + den, rather than a true 2 bedroom. I really hate how the closets are thrown into the corner of each room as an afterthought, they should be better integrated into the room with no awkward corners sticking into the room.

If you want to use the 2nd "bedroom" as a bedroom I would relocate the closet to where the sliding door is which will make the room 8'-4" x 9'-3", while not big, it will make the room better proportioned to fit a bed.

Having two doors into the bathroom is annoying as you need to lock two doors to use it and the doors often bang into each other. I would get rid of the door from the master bedroom to the bathroom and expand the closet to the entire width of the room, and move the door to the bedroom to the other corner of the room (near the window wall).
Another option if you don't often use the 2nd bedroom as a bedroom is to make the bathroom as an en-suite and eliminate the door to the living room. This would allow you to have a very wide vanity, possibly with dual sinks.

For the kitchen, the sink is oddly located in the far corner of the large kitchen not ideal for cooking or entertaining. The dishwasher and sink should be flipped around so that it is better located and it is located closer to the window which is a rare feature to have in a kitchen. A better option is to have the sink in the large island.

I don't mind the long hallway as it creates a separation from the entrance to the living area and allows for a nice span of wall to display art.

Thanks for the review. I agree with all of it. I'm wondering if prospective buyers would see it as more of a 1+ den than a 2 bedroom. You could command a higher price as a 2 bedroom. I don't understand why the sink location either but for whatever reason I see a lot of units designed like that which leads me to believe the builder just didn't want to repurpose the plumbing. $$$

Back