The new eastern crane is taking down the western condo crane right now. hopefully it's only a replacement and not a removal.

The new eastern crane is taking down the western condo crane right now. hopefully it's only a replacement and not a removal.
I'm not surprised. I thought that the western crane on the podium level was in the wrong position to support the construction of the west condo. It will be interesting to see if they install a new crane for the west condo right away or they plan on building the east condo first.

My unit is in the west condo, so I hope they just re-position the crane.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. I thought that the western crane on the podium level was in the wrong position to support the construction of the west condo. It will be interesting to see if they install a new crane for the west condo right away or they plan on building the east condo first.

My unit is in the west condo, so I hope they just re-position the crane.

A new western crane has been erected over the weekend.

IMG_5453.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5453.jpg
    IMG_5453.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 4,851
Would have been nice if the white fins were on all sides of the tower, just to minimize the ubiquitous blue glass that dominate the area.

Would have been nice if the white fins were on all sides of the tower, just to minimize the ubiquitous blue glass that dominate the area.

If the white fins were featured on all sides, that may be criticised as overdoing it -- even though I agree that minimising the visual impact of Southcore's blue-green glass would be an asset in diversifying.
Just for the considerations of the Sun Life Financial Tower, though, I'm pleased with what I'm seeing thus far. I'm getting excited to see if the Harbour Plaza Residences turn out just as well: and these towers won't be blue or green glass, either!...... unless the developer abandons the renderings.

It looks like the CI building is going to look sharp with its dark glazed glass facade and the light metallic fins that are going to run upwards towards the top of the building. The two condos that are being built will also compliment it. With its light cream coloured balconies that are zagged etc.

Some cladding is now up on the south side of the podium. I wasn't close enough to get a pic.

It's going to be cable glass, similar to what is currently on The Goldring Centre and QRC West. Same provider as Goldring if I recall correctly.

I think that there is something seriously wrong with the east crane. It is turning non stop from the wind. As I know it has to be locked against the wind so it prevents it from damage, but this one is left on its own. Well, at least is turning clockwise.

Back