My ROBLOX Union Station Recreation For My Friend Ansur (ZackMartin24)
RobloxScreenShot11122014_213139418.png

RobloxScreenShot11122014_213147113.png

RobloxScreenShot11122014_213236174.png

RobloxScreenShot11122014_213247798.png

RobloxScreenShot11122014_213255874.png

This Is Not An Exact Recreation. This Has The Detail You May Expect From The Real Union Station. This Is Not Complete Yet.

Attachments

• RobloxScreenShot11122014_213139418.png
    RobloxScreenShot11122014_213139418.png
    291.2 KB · Views: 2,743
  • RobloxScreenShot11122014_213147113.png
    RobloxScreenShot11122014_213147113.png
    298.6 KB · Views: 2,896
  • RobloxScreenShot11122014_213236174.png
    RobloxScreenShot11122014_213236174.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 3,265
  • RobloxScreenShot11122014_213247798.png
    RobloxScreenShot11122014_213247798.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 2,736
  • RobloxScreenShot11122014_213255874.png
    RobloxScreenShot11122014_213255874.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 2,596
The Music "Rain drop keep falling on my face" would work well for this new platform as water was dripping from the overhead sign along the platform in a fair number of location on Sunday.

Crews were working on the station on Sunday as you could hear the jackhammers working away above you.

Nice to see that new 3 section stair on the old platform with more space to use.

For anyone keeping track, the temporary pillars located at about the mid-point of the new platform were removed recently. The last "1954 original" stairway to the University platform was closed (by the doors to Royal Bank Plaza), to be replaced by escalators, while there are now two new wider stairways open. The narrow stairway at the west end of the platform remains open for now. The elevator bay is mostly complete at the platform level, with the target completion set for February. I was told that the target for full completion is May.

There is some new tiling at the east and west ends of the University platform, but otherwise it's still mostly drywall and concrete blocks.

For anyone keeping track, the temporary pillars located at about the mid-point of the new platform were removed recently. The last "1954 original" stairway to the University platform was closed (by the doors to Royal Bank Plaza), to be replaced by escalators, while there are now two new wider stairways open. The narrow stairway at the west end of the platform remains open for now. The elevator bay is mostly complete at the platform level, with the target completion set for February. I was told that the target for full completion is May.

There is some new tiling at the east and west ends of the University platform, but otherwise it's still mostly drywall and concrete blocks.

I noticed last time I was down that there aren't any "next vehicle arriving in..." displays....I'm wondering when they are planning to install them...I would have thought that the wiring etc should have been done when the platform was being built...and that they should have been there from day one?

It was already discussed that it seems like the ceiling is too low to the platform to have those TVs installed without people hitting their heads. Having a display that only shows when the next train is coming could work, however.

It was already discussed that it seems like the ceiling is too low to the platform to have those TVs installed without people hitting their heads. Having a display that only shows when the next train is coming could work, however.
They could put the TV's in the wall opposite the tracks, similar to what's done in one of the Montreal Metro stations.

A passing train would block the display, but that's when the display is less important.

They could put the TV's in the wall opposite the tracks, similar to what's done in one of the Montreal Metro stations.

A passing train would block the display, but that's when the display is less important.

Or on the other walls like when you come down the escalators/stairs.

I think every station should have it. I like knowing the # of min till the next train, the rest of the ads/news I could do without.

Or on the other walls like when you come down the escalators/stairs.

I think every station should have it. I like knowing the # of min till the next train, the rest of the ads/news I could do without.

I think most riders would be perfectly fine with cutting all of the other rubbish displayed on those screens and just having the "time until next train" display. As it stands, those numbers are so small that I (without glasses and with good vision) can barely read them less than half a platform away.

I think most riders would be perfectly fine with cutting all of the other rubbish displayed on those screens and just having the "time until next train" display. As it stands, those numbers are so small that I (without glasses and with good vision) can barely read them less than half a platform away.
Well, yes. The problem is that it is the ads that actually pay for the screens.

Bus stops have next vehicle LED displays (that don't show ads). I don't see why they can't install a few more of those in each subway station.

I'm sure Toronto taxpayers won't mind coughing up a fairly trivial amount of money (in the grand scheme of things) for screens that they can actually read. We don't absolutely need the ads for them.

Bus stops have next vehicle LED displays (that don't show ads). I don't see why they can't install a few more of those in each subway station.
True, I think these MAY be subsidised by Astral - I am certainly not opposed to having more and better 'next vehicle arrival" signage, my point was that most (all?) we have is subsidised.

The screen can simply be projected onto the wall across from the tracks, as many cities do, ads and all.

Back