Now that wouldn't be a bad idea. Or relocate the QQ Loblaws there and share it with T&T, since it's really the same company anyways.

AoD

People in Loblaws have told me that they are planning to shut QQ down and move into the Guv/Daniels development once that is done. so i dont suspect they will move into southcore. although that would make for an interesting waterfront groceries play and put pressure on daniels to secure/diversify their retail at Guv site. Possibly T&T moving in to that space out of the portlands. who knows.

Regardless please dont let this be a Walmart, although they are likely salivating over the chance to finally get their own Downtown Location. If i were them I would plow huge money into here. depends also what kind of retail aesthetic Menkes want to have in that space. Walmart screams cheap.

This would be double the size of that Uniqlo!! Here's an idea - Urban Ikea!

Like that, though I doubt they'd be willing to pay downtown leasing costs for marginal benefit (especially since one would think that they'd have limited storage space on site).

AoD

I would love it if they brought a Simons here, although I'm not so sure if it would be the best location for them.

Giant Flagship Uniqlo? Like the Fifth Avenue store? I wish.
Oh man. Can you IMAGINE!?!?

Realistically, it's a bit of a tough spot as SouthCore hasn't proven (yet) to be a retail destination. I can't see too many companies taking a chance here. Canadian Tire, for better or worse, is probably one of the more realistic suggestions.

If the japanese brand Muji ever came to canada, this building would be a good place to open up shop. The muji I went to in tokyo was more then just clothing, it also had their unique brand of food/snacks, some household items, don't remember it all it was definitely not just clothing, the prices in japan were great but I'm sure coming here they would be higher. I think they have alteast a few stores open up recently in the states, not sure if Canada would be on their radar, but would be nice.
Edit: just realized they've opened/opening one up in Toronto already.

Last edited:
I suspect that the space will be divided. Maybe Eataly will take some of it. Maybe Crate & Barrel will take some more to finally open in town. Maybe it will rain beer.

Back