Page 11 of the presentation confirms that there will also be increased GO service this year - http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pd...20150303_BoardMtg_UP_Express_Readiness_EN.pdf

That is very good news...I guess you are referring to this line:

Infrastructure enables both UP Express and increased GO services that will be launched later this year

Thanks for posting that link because my blood was boiling a bit after having just read this line on page 12 of the RER update:

EA for rail corridor expansion to enable increased frequency and bidirectional service
• Expected to start in Fall 2015

which seemed to suggest that increased frequency was dependent on an EA...and the EA would not commence until this fall.

which seemed to suggest that increased frequency was dependent on an EA...and the EA would not commence until this fall.
I believe that's the upgrade for the 15-minute RER service. Which would require upgrades over what is currently built, which should support at a minimum the restoration of the 2-hour (or so) mid-day service.

I believe that's the upgrade for the 15-minute RER service. Which would require upgrades over what is currently built, which should support at a minimum the restoration of the 2-hour (or so) mid-day service.

who knows....the language is all a bit vague and (as we can see) different in two different reports tabled on the same day about the same subject :)

who knows....the language is all a bit vague and (as we can see) different in two different reports tabled on the same day about the same subject :)
Oh, they play their hands very close to their chest.

Very different than TTC which trumpets major service changes years in advance ...

Like last year, this cold weather is causing delays from 1-2 months.

I have to correct myself regarding Scarboro St Grade Crossing as it still there and no work has yet started on it. The last I heard at council, this was supposed to be completed this year. This was supposed to be a city project and need to find out what the cause of the delay is.

Malton Station
The east platform is being rebuilt with haft the cars using the platform.

I can't recall which side of the station had the new ramp access built there a few years ago. Have a feeling it was the south side, but need to find the photos I took of it to confirm this unless someone has the answer. If it was the south side, it been torn out.

Saw the block signals working for the elevated UPX section, but couldn't see the mast for the mainline.

Weston Station.
The west platform is build including the UPX platform and the ramp to it. It will be a month or 2 before going into service. Shelters are being enclosed with flashing for the roof going on.

None of the plan elevators work has yet to start.

The original crossing of tracks 3 & 4 still in place. Tracks 3 & 4 are now connected at both ends in the station and having ballast place in them.

Only 2 shelters on the centre platform are open to the public and have heaters in them, but no doors. Barriers have been place in front of the doorway to cut down the wind going into the shelter. Roof and canopy now in place with flashing going up.

Don't expect to see the new station in service until June.

Without elevators for any of the UPX station, non accessibly for everyone.

Roger Rd.
Tracks 2-4 in place with ballast grading taking place for track 4. The last I saw this area, only track 1 & 2 in place.

Dupont
The sound Barrier wall is finish except for 1 missing panel. The new Wire fence has now been install along the RailPath from what I could see without walking the full length.

Bloor Station
Plan C is taking place for March 3 and that maybe miss by a day or so.

Plan A was to bring the trains in on track 3 for the new centre platform with the current access being used to cross the tracks. Staff was to be on hand to stop people gaining access to the platform as a train was nearing and a bad idea.

Plan B was to have track 4 in place and using the current access to the platform while the current one was being rebuilt. Because of weather and delay in track work, track 4 is not in place north of Dundas St to the tunnels. This bring us to plan C.

Plan C will be the same as plan A, but access to the platform will be by the underpass now by Randolph Rd using the new east entrance to the underpass. A temporary access from the RailPath and the platform is in place. They were installing a TVM machine there as well the card reader. The current access will be close off.

The station is non accessibly to the point the accessibility platform is not finish and fence off. Have the platform is fence off as well from Track 4. The Bloor entrance will be close until about May.

The biggest issues if track 3 will go live on Monday March 2rd is having the track work finish. Haft of the station track was only having the rail hand spike to the ties as well south of Bloor St. Once that is done, then the ballast has to be place along with tampering and alignment for the whole station plus.

Temporary lighting has been place on the roof area.

Still a lot of work to be done on the existing bridges and no one on site and 2 months late at this time.

Track 2 will remain live.

Dundas
Tracks 2-4 are in place south of Dundas, but no #4 north of Dundas. New fencing in place for the RailPath. New sound wall on the west side have started.

Lansdowne
The very south bridge has been removed and can't recall if it was there when this work started. Without seeing the top, I counted 8 bridges in place. Looking at some of the existing bridges, they are in rough shape as well having ties exposed. Some work was taking place at the south side.

More photos up on site.
16461062917_9efbe6d97a_b.jpg

16461068737_bdaf647495_b.jpg

16668371015_8c495a184e_b.jpg

16461079947_4718581104_b.jpg

16642448746_51fd989e7c_b.jpg

16482238749_54fe8cda82_b.jpg

16667323392_c0ac462961_b.jpg

16668338345_4a893dd977_b.jpg

16482194199_e78b9328ab_b.jpg

16666976121_f1981e7449_b.jpg

16668344695_cde882babd_b.jpg

16048408533_3777563e01_b.jpg

16667331112_9c7d5e6924_b.jpg

16642365576_3dc6f38789_b.jpg

16480739538_da206208d2_b.jpg

16480737948_b31f4cc79d_b.jpg

16666943421_8b43000299_b.jpg

Last edited:
They were the right choice for the Railpath--preserving natural light and views of the corridor and neighbourhood to the west.

Without elevators for any of the UPX station, non accessibly for everyone.
Considering Parapan-Am (the para games after the panam games), that would be an unacceptable state of affairs.

Will they at least have the terminuses accessible -- Pearson and Union?

Back