Actually, wouldn't a grocery store be appropriate here?

I'd like to see more creative uses than a grocery store obviously, but the nearest ones are the Metro and Loblaws locations which are a little further away, this could fill a gap.

On the other hand, the idea of condo dwellers dragging shopping cart bags filled with groceries through Eaton Centre and the PATH makes me chuckle.

The Metro and Loblaws are easily within walking distance. Under 1,000m even I would think. Hardly an area desperate for large scale grocery shops.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3676110

oWcAC3h.jpg

E4tS0Bn.jpg

Thanks! Like the street wall a lot - and glad they placed the residential entrance to the side and used up only a minimum amount of street frontage.

AoD

dataBase file (linked at the top of the page) updated with very high res versions of the renderings above. Click once on the image thumbnails to enlarge, click on the lower right corner X to expand to full size.

We need more restaurants down here, not more apparel retailers.

It's getting hard to get into some of the bars/lounges down there on Friday/Saturday nights.

(Hopefully, the basement concourse levels will have some nice ones)

Some night clubs and more entertainment would be nice too. With the huge increase of people living along Yonge Street, those people are going to need something to do, besides eating and doing their banking.

its interesting the renders show h&m i cant imagine they would open another store a block north of the one at the mall or leave the mall. restaurants would be better but i can understand retail here so close to other shopping

We need more restaurants down here, not more apparel retailers.

It's getting hard to get into some of the bars/lounges down there on Friday/Saturday nights.

(Hopefully, the basement concourse levels will have some nice ones)

What bars and lounges? The area is a dead zone for nightlife.

What bars and lounges? The area is a dead zone for nightlife.

That's a problem. Clubbing and nightlife should be spread throughout the core. Toronto wanted to get away from a clubbing district....so they moved their clubbing district a few blocks West. That area will suffer from the same problems as the previous district. "entertainment" needs to be more scattered. But I guess that's a discussion for another day.

Back