News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it April 13 yet?!? It's been absolutely fascinating and mind-blowing watching the preliminary hearings so far. Looking forward to it resuming!

A big gong show! I hope something actually comes from it.

We could play Rob Ford Bingo during the council meeting to see how many of these tired phrases come up:

"fancy streetcars"
"drunken sailors"
"gravy train"
"only one taxpayer"
"spending problem"
"wasting taxpayers' money"
"the mayor ran a cable company"

Feel free to add others!

If that became a drinking game I fear we'd end up in a drunken stupor.

And you never know what might happen during a drunken stupor.

We could play Rob Ford Bingo during the council meeting to see how many of these tired phrases come up:

"fancy streetcars"
"drunken sailors"
"gravy train"
"only one taxpayer"
"spending problem"

Feel free to add others!

I always loved "I don't mean to toot my own horn"

"fancy streetcars"
"drunken sailors"
"gravy train"
"only one taxpayer"
"spending problem"

Feel free to add others!

I just realized we've gone from 'mayor runs a label company' to 'mayor ran a cable company'. Label, cable. Just something for the 'meet the new boss' conspiracy theorists.

I just realized we've gone from 'mayor runs a label company' to 'mayor ran a cable company'. Label, cable. Just something for the 'meet the new boss' conspiracy theorists.

The mayor runs? I beg to differ - he couldn't even run a lemonade stand if his life depended on it. Beer hall, perhaps.

AoD

A phrase invariably followed by much conspicuous horn-tooting. Hell, Ford as mayor was basically followed around by his own horn section.

Lol remember that time that guy was trying to get someone to follow Ford around with a tuba a la Family Guy?

The mayor runs? I beg to differ - he couldn't even run a lemonade stand if his life depended on it. Beer hall, perhaps.

AoD

There is no fiscal conservative in city hall that can run lemonade stand without bankrupting it, let alone manage the city's budget. And that including Tory. First he would cut revenue (i.e the lemonade price) to attract more customers. Whatever sales revenue is lost will be recovered through efficiencies (i.e stop buying paperclips or whatever). Of course there are never enough efficiencies to make up for lost revenue, and sometimes there will also be surprise expenses (i.e the sun umbrella needs replacement due to UV damage. A pink umbrella would have lasted much longer and save money over the long term, but conservatives only think about short term cost). So what happens next is he will borrow money to get through the current fiscal year, and pay it back + interest some other time. When concerned customers ask if his lemonade business will still be solvent next year, he'll just dismiss your concerns. "I’m confident that when we begin next year’s process we’ll be finding those efficiencies."

^That's an actual quote regarding the looming 2016 budget crisis. What an idiot.

$9.3Gs for a ratty old hole-filled hoodie?

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/09/bidder-picks-up-rob-ford-hoodie-for-9gs

The Don Bosco (alleged) pot storage jacket went for over $1,100. And okay, I don't ebay but wouldn't it have been better-ish if he'd not listed those personalized meryl pictures individually? It looks like some people who were willing to pay between $200 to 350 lost out to those who bid less than $100?

I see Rob's still undecided which "other charities" the other 90 percent of the ebay proceeds will benefit.

Noveltychequesoritdoesn'thappen...<cough>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back