8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
b

I notice Christine was originally a shoo-in. That is until DoFo declared his support. Brown was absolutely nowhere. Maybe it's the DoFo reverse Midas touch that's Brown's actual magic, nothing else?

I've never really understood the polar opposite types whom are drawn to the right . My Mamma is from the U.S.
south where it is even more mind boggling . What on earth did Romney and tea partiers have in common? Conservative smsll gov is a marketing ploy at best. The poorest white people who could use a social safety net are the loudest detractors of said aid. As if they think trickle down economics will be trickling in any minute now. They talk about keeping taxes low as if it's the main factor in personal wealth. When what i see are low wage service workers (like me)who die wuthout enough money for a funeral. The Flaggs of the world like the populism of a ford. But what does a Stephen Harper type offer his ilk?

The Flaggs of the world like the populism of a ford. But what does a Stephen Harper type offer his ilk?

Order and structure that simplifies a confusing world that may scare them or that they may not be prepared to deal with. Google "The Authoritarians" or other recent research.

It's a matched set of right wing plebes who want someone else to make the world go away, matched with the predator types more than willing to do so, for the price of a donation/vote/etc.

It could explain the surprising showing of the NDP in Alberta right now. The usual predators have lost their edge and the flock is searching for any leader who they can identify with.

Last edited:
I've never really understood the polar opposite types whom are drawn to the right . My Mamma is from the U.S.
south where it is even more mind boggling . What on earth did Romney and tea partiers have in common? Conservative smsll gov is a marketing ploy at best. The poorest white people who could use a social safety net are the loudest detractors of said aid. As if they think trickle down economics will be trickling in any minute now. They talk about keeping taxes low as if it's the main factor in personal wealth. When what i see are low wage service workers (like me)who die wuthout enough money for a funeral. The Flaggs of the world like the populism of a ford. But what does a Stephen Harper type offer his ilk?

There are two kinds of political persuasion: one for the informed and another for the uniformed. The informed are persuaded by information. The uniformed are persuaded by propaganda. You'd by surprised by how many otherwise intelligent people fall into the uniformed category. Understanding information is hard.

Order and structure that simplifies a confusing world that may scare them or that they may not be prepared to deal with. Google "The Authoritarians" or other recent research.

It's a matched set of right wing plebes who want someone else to make the world go away, matched with the predator types more than willing to do so, for the price of a donation/vote/etc.

It could explain the surprising showing of the NDP in Alberta right now. The usual predators have lost their edge
and the flock is searching for any leader who they can
identify with.
You're spot on. My mother spews vitriol by rote on certain topics she's uncannily uninformed on and she thinks Sherrif Arpaio is a social scientist. But she's generally kind
intelligent and hospitable. I was raised pink diaper by a hippie single father so thanksgiving is fun.

ETA. this was supposed to be a response to howl. drk response follows. Doh

Last edited:
I did read this in one of the anti-Ford FB groups--unfortunately, no link for said "recent Chicago paper", and I dunno how much duplicates or furthers the earlier G&M revelations...

Susan Daniel I read an article in a recent Chicago paper saying Deco was basically bankrupt in the US due to poor management, a lawsuit against them by someone who was going to buy one if their subsidiaries in another state and discovered they had lied about its profits - so Dougie had to come home and try to apply his self vaunted business expertise to saving the Toronto business - apparently the third useless ex druggie brother couldn't make it profitable without the business of those who hoped for city contracts from RoFo now that he's not in power ....couldn't happen to a better trio of losers and liars:)

There are two kinds of political persuasion: one for the informed and another for the uniformed. The informed are persuaded by information. The uniformed are persuaded by propaganda. You'd by surprised by how many otherwise intelligent people fall into the uniformed category. Understanding information is hard.

I've had a thought knocking around in my head for a few days that's bothersome. To me and to most reasonable people, Rob & Doug are first class idiots, without question. Now if I suggested this, for example, to Rob and assuming Rob was able to rub a few of his wits together for a second, he might reply "but there are a lot of people who agree with me, who don't think I'm an idiot and who voted for me".

To which I would reply that yes that's true but that those people are also idiots.

His reply to that would be "That's politics". They said the same thing about Trudeau, Diefenbaker, Harper, Thatcher, Obama etc.

And he wouldn't be wrong. So who is to say who the real idiots are? To intelligent, thoughtful folks, the Ford Nation, Tea Party clans are bat-shit crazy. I have no doubt that they feel the same way about us democratic, lefty latte sipping elitists. I find it unnerving when I see the growing numbers of the flat earth, sex-ed protesting, anti-vaccine, climate change denying, bigoted masses. Doug Ford got over 330,000 votes in October.

Alarming times.

ETA: The stuff about the Deco problems sounds 100% plausible, perhaps even probable. Amazing considering that this is/was a huge and very successful operation. Poor old Doug Sr. must be shaking his head.

Last edited:
ETA: The stuff about the Deco problems sounds 100% plausible, perhaps even probable. Amazing considering that this is/was a huge and very successful operation. Poor old Doug Sr. must be shaking his head.

What I find really strange is, aside from the Jewish VP, no other employee from Deco has said anything to shed light on how the business is doing.

Maybe, but it sounds to me kind of like a jumbled version of the New Jersey/Wise Tag & Story. Wish we could the story it refers to.

I recall seeing some years back some stick-on products made by Deco in retail stores, e.g. non-slip bathtub and shower appliques, etc. Does anyone remember same? Makes me wonder if Deco has created new products to replace those that have dropped off over the years.

Their website claims they are at the technical forefront in their industry. I realize printing equipment isn't the same as desktop computing, however there are plenty of computers in modern graphic equipment. I find it therefore odd that the Fords are so tech adverse. For a family of printers, their bomb threat notices were positively shameful.

If Dough has time to sit in the CH public gallery, evidently the place runs without him.

It could explain the surprising showing of the NDP in Alberta right now. The usual predators have lost their edge
and the flock is searching for any leader who they can
identify with.

Wow i downloaded the book. Not too far in and Im gobsmacked. And the author is Canadian.! Thanks great
tip. As to Alberta - Apparently they are financially afraid. Thier cash cow costs more to make than its worth. (Of course the real cash COWS cost more than I can afford to barbecue) but I remember Bob Rae's NDP getting in in Ontario. It was financial fear and the feeling that the left cared
about the social safety net. It was a global recession which is how it must feel in the oil patch right now.

Last edited:
I did read this in one of the anti-Ford FB groups--unfortunately, no link for said "recent Chicago paper", and I dunno how much duplicates or furthers the earlier G&M revelations...

Maybe, but it sounds to me kind of like a jumbled version of the New Jersey/Wise Tag & Story. Wish we could the story it refers to.

I just searched the websites of the Chicago metropolitan area daily newspapers and turned up nothing regarding the financial state of Deco.

I find it therefore odd that the Fords are so tech adverse.

They should know about tech but it isn't the end of the world if they don't. As long as they hire good people with tech experience they can easily run a profitable company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back