310 Front looks promising. I keenly await for it to go through city planning. As for 320 Front I'm not really feeling it, looks pretty much a minimal boxy effort here. Hopefully improvements on the rough sketch provided will follow.

310 Front looks promising. I keenly await for it to go through city planning. As for 320 Front I'm not really feeling it, looks pretty much a minimal boxy effort here. Hopefully improvements on the rough sketch provided will follow.

It's not a real proposal; the City asked them to mock up how the rest of the site might be developed, if it were developed.

These are actually really pretty PoMo buildings, in my humble opinion. I'd hope at least one of them got to be preserved in some form were the entire site developed.

I've made 310 Front the proper height and I temporarily added 320 Front at 77 floors to see how it looked in context...

Toronto Model 05-04-21 320 Front.png

Toronto Model 05-04-21 320 Front2.png

Preliminary Report on this one to the Oct. 14th meeting of TEYCC.

Report here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-171261.pdf

My read, this one is getting some gentle push back and staff will expect changes.

Certain things often come up in these reports, simple issues of being non-compliant w/existing zoning/guidelines etc.

But sometimes there's just something.......

1633013468211.png

1633013500368.png

Preliminary Report on this one to the Oct. 14th meeting of TEYCC.

Report here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-171261.pdf

My read, this one is getting some gentle push back and staff will expect changes.

Certain things often come up in these reports, simple issues of being non-compliant w/existing zoning/guidelines etc.

But sometimes there's just something.......

View attachment 352444
View attachment 352445

So they think the building is to tall?

Event Information: 310 Front Street West Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time:Monday, November 1, 2021 7:00 pm
Eastern Daylight Time (Toronto, GMT-04:00)
Change time zone
Panelist(s) Info:jkimont@toronto.ca
Duration:1 hour 30 minutes
Description:
City Planning together with the Ward Councillor and the Applicant are holding a Community Consultation Meeting to consider an application to amend the Zoning By-law to demolish the existing building located at the southeast corner of the block at 310, 320 and 330 Front Street West and to redevelop this portion of the block with a 69-storey mixed-use building containing a 10-storey base building and 59-storey tower above.

Well that's where I was going with this. Like The Well is just is a block away and Concord Canada House as well.

Anyway, I agree, it always seems like buildings are to tall for them.

So they think the building is to tall?
When don't they think any proposal in the city is too tall?

Not really, not here.

If you look at the context of the remarks, it's the 'base building' height that they are looking at, not the overall building height.
That's an issue of massing and street-feel, not one of total storeys. This is further confirmed by looking at the shadow studies, which I just did..........
There is no material impact on any park or school yard.

There is some impact, as is to be expected, at street level, but the accretive impact, in my opinion, wouldn't raise the alarm.

I don't think giving this building a 'hair cut' reads as a priority here; but could stand to be corrected.

Last edited:
Well I was wondering that, but I'm not exactly sure what that means whenever I see that.

'Base Building' here means podium, more or less.

The section of building on which the 'Tower' sits, typically before any set-backs (though not always)

Makes sense.

TD will be vacating their floor space in those two towers as they move to their new HQ which makes this area ripe for development.

Back