Here it is, inserted into the cityscape, with all the other proposals jam-packed around it:

Toronto Model 02-08-23 320 Front.png

I disagree about getting rid of the old buildings. I have always hated this development and felt it would have been better placed out by the airport or some suburban office park than in such a prominent location in the downtown core. I like the first proposed building that looks to keep the hexagon shape of the existing building. the other render that shows a boxy building with a tall podium section would be crime against humanity if it ever gets built. why not just do 3 hex shaped buildings? that would be way more beautiful and unique than having one hex shaped building awkwardly framed by a boxy building and podium. basic rules of architecture were flushed down the toilet in this city years ago. but lets hope this development pressure eventually spreads to the nearby CBC building another hideous eyesore that is too "vertically challenged" to occupy such a prominent spot on Front St.
This will ruffle some peoples feathers, but I feel the same way about the CBC building and the aboveground transformer station, and 300 Front St W.

It sad to see these buildings get torn down for more glass and balcony looking towers! Build a supertall in the middle between all three buildings and keep the facades on the the outer part of buildings to create one huge podium for the tower above !

100%

It sad to see these buildings get torn down for more glass and balcony looking towers! Build a supertall in the middle between all three buildings and keep the facades on the the outer part of buildings to create one huge podium for the tower above !
Why?
I disagree about getting rid of the old buildings. I have always hated this development and felt it would have been better placed out by the airport or some suburban office park than in such a prominent location in the downtown core. I like the first proposed building that looks to keep the hexagon shape of the existing building. the other render that shows a boxy building with a tall podium section would be crime against humanity if it ever gets built. why not just do 3 hex shaped buildings? that would be way more beautiful and unique than having one hex shaped building awkwardly framed by a boxy building and podium. basic rules of architecture were flushed down the toilet in this city years ago. but lets hope this development pressure eventually spreads to the nearby CBC building another hideous eyesore that is too "vertically challenged" to occupy such a prominent spot on Front St.
Ahh, the architecture understander has logged on...

I thought the number of office, government and entertainment buildings that where built around that former rail yards where made "stumpy" like that, because there was no real need for towers around at that time. And the taller buildings came at a much later point.

Decision Report - Approval Recommended, to the next meeting of TEYCC:

This one has been revised as at April '23. I will look and report back, LOL, but first...... from the above:

View attachment 484676

Edit: Revised Renders:

View attachment 484677

View attachment 484678

Revised Site Plan: (service laneway at north/top, not shown)

View attachment 484679

I am kind of surprised at the reduction in height here given the taller proposal at Union Square across the street and the 77 storey proposed for the second phase of the site. Makes me think the 77 storey proposal will also get a cut.

Was there a note on why it was cut?

I think this development has expanded to include 320 Front W and the footprint of 330. There are 2 notice boards for these proposals at the site.

View attachment 454926

Lol.... not really seeing a 4 storey haircut in those revised renders (look identical* to the database ones).... but the smaller floor-plates would keep this one soaring. 🦅

*assume the graphic designer was away on holiday.

Last edited:
I am kind of surprised at the reduction in height here given the taller proposal at Union Square across the street and the 77 storey proposed for the second phase of the site. Makes me think the 77 storey proposal will also get a cut.

Was there a note on why it was cut?

No, no note.

If they're going to create the same podium footprint as the old building. Might as well reinforce the whole exterior facade shell with steal girders and gut out the interior lol! We don't need another cheap all glass building in this area!

If they're going to create the same podium footprint as the old building. Might as well reinforce the whole exterior facade shell with steal girders and gut out the interior lol! We don't need another cheap all glass building in this area!
I support this for older classier designs. Imo The current bottom floor design isnt appealing enough to save.

Back