News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The announcement contains the phrase “365 days a year” which is disingenuous to say the least.

It’s nice to see all-year weekend service, but this isn’t anything to waste a headline over.

- Paul

As I count 104 weekend days in a typical year, that misrepresentation is one of on the order of 250%!

As I count 104 weekend days in a typical year, that misrepresentation is one of on the order of 250%!
to be fair weekday service is already a regular all year service, so this does restore 365 day a year service to Niagara Falls. Weekdays may only have 1 train a day, but a train is a train.

So is this also a "reference" that service is barely increasing, and/or nothing new or returning is coming? Guess we should go back to sleep then...
Who knows? Maybe they need extra time to prepare when ridership explodes as more people go to work and students go to school. That could also be a sign when GO would be implementing major increases. The TTC says it will increase subway service on Lines 1 and 2 this September.

Reactions: anb
A transit employee handed this to me at a station:
E4038C65-493C-4C20-B030-2F8B17B0938A.jpeg

Doug went all the way to Niagara Falls to make that announcement?
Next major announcement from Ford be like:

"We are changing the departure of Niagara bound GO train from 8:51 am to 8:41 am. Our government is helping Ontarians spend 10 more minutes at the Falls and helping businesses earn a few extra cents from these tourists."

But does this help people living in Niagara get to Toronto without using the QEW?

The QEW between Burlington and Toronto eastbound is bumper to bumper almost all day everyday.

Why can't they build an island platform at West Harbor?

It’s absolutely incredible how quickly work started on the Eglinton West deep bore LRT to Renforth while relatively simple GO projects, like Centennial GO and the West Harbour track connection are left to wait for an indeterminate period.

I agree; but to add, missed opportunities........., not always due to politics are certainly a thing of many agencies........

I walked by the Church/Carlton reconstruction today, where the TTC having dug up the intersection, is, of course, failing to reinstall all the missing curves, just like it did at Broadview/Gerrard a few years ago............

And as I walked by, observing the robust crew of 7........not one doing a damn thing............not even drinking coffee.........5 appeared to be waiting on two to resolve something.......

My hearing being 1/2 decent........I caught this much......." yah, that's not right..............what can we do; they'll have to make an adjustment"

Adjust what I don't know, there was obviously some new rail laid......but I was in the midst errands, so didn't stay to assess things more clearly.

I agree; but to add, missed opportunities........., not always due to politics are certainly a thing of many agencies........

I walked by the Church/Carlton reconstruction today, where the TTC having dug up the intersection, is, of course, failing to reinstall all the missing curves, just like it did at Broadview/Gerrard a few years ago............

And as I walked by, observing the robust crew of 7........not one doing a damn thing............not even drinking coffee.........5 appeared to be waiting on two to resolve something.......

My hearing being 1/2 decent........I caught this much......." yah, that's not right..............what can we do; they'll have to make an adjustment"

Adjust what I don't know, there was obviously some new rail laid......but I was in the midst errands, so didn't stay to assess things more clearly.
The TTC has the final say on the project. If it doesn't meet their specifications they will make the contractor rip it up and do it again.

Better inspection during the process would eliminate shoddy workmanship. But who am I to judge..

The TTC has the final say on the project. If it doesn't meet their specifications they will make the contractor rip it up and do it again.

Better inspection during the process would eliminate shoddy workmanship. But who am I to judge..

Its the TTC's in-house crew.

Back