39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Start your speculation engines.

MEDIA ADVISORY

Premier Ford to Make an Announcement
August 25, 2022
Premier's Office

Premier Doug Ford will be joined by Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation, to make an announcement.

Date:

Friday, August 26, 2022

Time:

Remarks at 12:00 p.m.

A media availability will follow.

Niagara Falls, ON

Livestream:

With English closed captioning ― Premier’s official YouTube channel

With French interpretation and closed captioning ― Premier’s official YouTube channel - French

Notes:

Media representatives can register to attend by emailing Stephanie.Bellotto@ontario.ca. Accredited media only.

Media Contacts
Stephanie Bellotto
Premier’s Office
Stephanie.Bellotto@ontario.ca

Bowmanville had its infrastructure package go to tender before the election, maybe it’s Niagara’s turn. Or maybe it’s more trains for the new schedule cycle.

Start your speculation engines.

This Initial Business Case was released a couple years ago.

It included consideration of a station at Beamsville and ~6 daily round-trip trains to Niagara Falls. No track improvements.

So my guess is a new station at Beamsville, finishing Confederation GO, some improvement of Niagara station (more platform space), and 5 to 6 daily round-trip trains to Niagara Falls for a total capital cost of ~$100M.

Worth noting, the last time Ford visited Niagara Falls he spent $24M. So he's shown willingness to make fairly minor announcements there in person.

Last edited:
This Initial Business Case was released a couple years ago.

It included consideration of a station at Beamsville and ~6 daily round-trip trains to Niagara Falls. No track improvements.

So my guess is a new station at Beamsville, finishing Confederation GO, some improvement of Niagara station (more platform space), and 5 to 6 daily round-trip trains to Niagara Falls for a capital cost of ~$200M.
To make use of the platform on track 2 in Niagara falls you need to build a tunnel under the tracks to prevent people from crossing the tracks.

To make use of the platform on track 2 in Niagara falls you need to build a tunnel under the tracks to prevent people from crossing the tracks.

Indeed, which is why I suggested more platform space rather than a new platform. Removing some parking and trees would allow significantly more space for passenger flow. Right now there are safety issues with passengers forced to walk at the platform edge.

Hmmmm.........on Niagara............

There's a story today.....out that way....where these paragraphs appear:

1661480883833.png

via www.pressreader.com

The story is dated today............

Edit to Add:

I found the original story, took me a moment...........its actually from 2 days ago.

Mostly about adding a new road connection and roundabout.............but with the GO Train mention........

Last edited:

Back