News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I think it has made a good dent in the people going straight through, even when they are not deployed.

I'm at Warden Station and they are working the construction for the new bus bays here.

What I can't figure out is what this massive structure is for.

Ideas?

20240202_173024.jpg

The 65 Parliament bus stopped running on Princess street on 4 September 2022. Last week the TTC finally removed the bus stop signage on Princess @ The Esplanade.

Summarized as "DSC successfully browbeats City/TTC into doing their job; 16 months late".

Summarized as "DSC successfully browbeats City/TTC into doing their job; 16 months late".
Yes, I admit I did contact them (several times) about this as it is an example of the silo mentality at the TTC (and the City). When a route changes do the 'route planners" not talk to the "stop signers" and the "route mappers"? Fixing this problem did not involve significant equipment (a screw-driver) or training or even a vehicle as the Stop is convenient to a 121 bus stop. Unlike putting up a proper stop sign it did not even involve buying a new sign. The TTC are always keen to blame others for their failings, in this case ......

Last edited:
The 65 Parliament bus stopped running on Princess street on 4 September 2022. Last week the TTC finally removed the bus stop signage on Princess @ The Esplanade.
That seems unusually fast. It took them a years longer to remove 65 signs at Scott/Front after the route was cut back to Princess in 2008.

I think they may have also recently removed the last 224 Victoria Park sign in Toronto - only 7 years after service stopped.

These are amazing times we live in!

That seems unusually fast. It took them a years longer to remove 65 signs at Scott/Front after the route was cut back to Princess in 2008.

I think they may have also recently removed the last 224 Victoria Park sign in Toronto - only 7 years after service stopped.

These are amazing times we live in!
I believe the bus pole for the 30 "Lambton" is still there at Dundas/Kipling southwest corner. It came as part of the 6 point intersection installation even though the 30 has become 40A and rerouted to turn at Kipling thus no daytime TTC route ever serves that stop.

I believe the bus pole for the 30 "Lambton" is still there at Dundas/Kipling southwest corner. It came as part of the 6 point intersection installation even though the 30 has become 40A and rerouted to turn at Kipling thus no daytime TTC route ever serves that stop.
If you want something to do you could try emailing TTC about it but these things just show how dysfunctional and 'siloed' they are. This kind of simple thing ought to 'just happen' but .....

A 35-clause Member Motion to address upcoming work on the King Streetcar ROW and the associated diversion of streetcars to Queen from Dufferin to Ossington:

Feb. 9, 2024

The TTC and CUPE Local 2 (electrical skilled trades) have been working to reach a fair negotiated collective agreement. Employees in this group include streetcar overhead and subway signal maintainers, among others.

Although negotiations are ongoing, yesterday, CUPE Local 2 members voted in favour of a strike mandate. While members are technically in a legal strike position now, both CUPE and TTC representatives remain at the bargaining table with the intention of reaching a negotiated settlement without the need for job action.

Last November, the TTC Board approved a bargaining mandate. We’re committed to reaching an agreement that is fair to Local 2 employees while being affordable for the taxpayers of Toronto.

In the wake of a 2023 court ruling, this is the first time in nearly 13 years any unionized TTC employees would be able to take job action, up to and including a work stoppage. Again, our hope is that Local 2 remains at the table and its members do not initiate job action.

I want to assure everyone that we have contingency plans in place, and we will keep everyone advised of them once we know what Local 2 decides to do. Our contingency plans are designed to allow us to preserve as much service as possible while also respecting the rights of this group of employees. The plans also take into consideration the ability of other employees to do their jobs during a labour disruption and how we would accommodate them.

My top commitment remains the safety of our employees and customers, and delivering reliable service without compromise. However, I also believe that any job action could have an impact on the TTC’s ability to deliver full service without disruption.

The TTC values the challenging work all our 17,000 employees do every day to deliver safe and reliable service to millions of riders every week – the employees in Local 2 are an important part of our operations.

I am committed to keeping our customers and employees apprised of any changes related to these negations in a timely manner. We encourage all our employees and our customers to check our website at www.ttc.ca/labourdisruption for the most current updates.

In the meantime, we will continue to negotiate in good faith with the ultimate goal being an agreement that avoids job action and service disruptions.

Rick Leary
TTC CEO

Reactions: PL1
Feb. 9, 2024

The TTC and CUPE Local 2 (electrical skilled trades) have been working to reach a fair negotiated collective agreement. Employees in this group include streetcar overhead and subway signal maintainers, among others.

Although negotiations are ongoing, yesterday, CUPE Local 2 members voted in favour of a strike mandate. While members are technically in a legal strike position now, both CUPE and TTC representatives remain at the bargaining table with the intention of reaching a negotiated settlement without the need for job action.

Last November, the TTC Board approved a bargaining mandate. We’re committed to reaching an agreement that is fair to Local 2 employees while being affordable for the taxpayers of Toronto.

In the wake of a 2023 court ruling, this is the first time in nearly 13 years any unionized TTC employees would be able to take job action, up to and including a work stoppage. Again, our hope is that Local 2 remains at the table and its members do not initiate job action.

I want to assure everyone that we have contingency plans in place, and we will keep everyone advised of them once we know what Local 2 decides to do. Our contingency plans are designed to allow us to preserve as much service as possible while also respecting the rights of this group of employees. The plans also take into consideration the ability of other employees to do their jobs during a labour disruption and how we would accommodate them.

My top commitment remains the safety of our employees and customers, and delivering reliable service without compromise. However, I also believe that any job action could have an impact on the TTC’s ability to deliver full service without disruption.

The TTC values the challenging work all our 17,000 employees do every day to deliver safe and reliable service to millions of riders every week – the employees in Local 2 are an important part of our operations.

I am committed to keeping our customers and employees apprised of any changes related to these negations in a timely manner. We encourage all our employees and our customers to check our website at www.ttc.ca/labourdisruption for the most current updates.

In the meantime, we will continue to negotiate in good faith with the ultimate goal being an agreement that avoids job action and service disruptions.

Rick Leary
TTC CEO

Personally I'm hoping ATU 113 goes on strike next time around.

No better way to fund the system then to hold it hostage.

Oh how I miss transit strikes.

Just a little thought. Toronto currently has 70 subway stations but is expected to open 50 more by the end of 2024. These additions will fundamentally change the rail system from a hub and spoke system to one that begins to operate as a grid. The system will go from 6 TTC/GO interchange stations to 9, I am not sure about the expansion projects of other NA metros but I have heard that ours is the largest by far. Coupled with the rapid population growth and greatly relaxed zoning in the entire region I see an area that will become fundamentally different than American cities.

Just rambling but it looks like we should be looking for new countries to compare ourselves to such as the UK or maybe even Germany.

Back