8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

More fins

IMG_3480.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg

Reserving judgement until I see 3-5 floors of them, but I am cautiously optimistic that this building is going to look good.

They’ve started laying bricks on the back of the podium. And have put in about two rows of windows and fins on the tower portion.

The skyline west of Downtown is ending up being much higher quality than east of Downtown. I hope the East can catch up to what we are seeing in the West

The skyline west of Downtown is ending up being much higher quality than east of Downtown. I hope the East can catch up to what we are seeing in the West
Rideau and Vanier are a lost cause at this point. Outside of Cyrville (to everyone's surprise), I don't have much hope for the eastern portion of Line 1.

IMG_6303.jpeg

Waves starting to form on Scott. To give people not familiar perspective this is from Scott where the two 40s are planned. That green and white on the left is another proposed tower as well.

This stretch of Scott near Westboro station will be TALL (for Ottawa).

And sorta good that most proposals are all on the same side. So it will add density but should feel fairly breathable, unlike Rideau Street Canyon where we see back to back towers directly facing back to back towers.

And sorta good that most proposals are all on the same side. So it will add density but should feel fairly breathable, unlike Rideau Street Canyon where we see back to back towers directly facing back to back towers.
Yeah, that's true. Parkdale towers is similar. Seems like the Tunney's master plan keeps buildings low (6 floors) directly across the street, if the plan sticks (https://www.hok.com/projects/view/tunneys-pasture-master-plan/).

Still hoping they cover the trench for a linear park. These thousands of new residents will need outdoor recreation space.

I don't think the trench is deep enough to cover, unfortunately
Damn. I guess you could cover, but there would be no space between the roof and ground level for enough dirt to accommodate trees? I'd have to go there and check it out, see where the roof of the train lands. Maybe the park would need to be on a hill or somewhat elevated.

Back