News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

If an election was held today, who would you vote for?

• UCP

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • NDP

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alberta Party

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
I expected NDP support would have some kind of a dip in Edmonton, but as long as the dip doesn't drop to the point of losing seats, winning seats in Calgary is all that matters. I've seen a fair number of Edmontonians on social media complaining about Nenshi changing the culture of the party with a few people complaining that the NDP would become a 'Calgary type party', and stating that they weren't going to vote. We'll see if they actually do that in the end. I think the NDP's numbers will drop somewhat in the Edmonton ridings, but they'll keep all of their seats. It's really all about winning extra seats in Calgary.

I actually think the bigger factor for the next provincial election will not be who's leading the ANDP, but who is Prime Minister. Most likely it will be Poilievre. My sense is that Canadians are more likely to split their vote at the provincial and federal levels. I don't think it's coincidence that Albertans turfed the provincial Conservatives while Harper was PM. And PM Trudeau has always made it awkward for the ANDP. At the very least, where does all the right-wing populist anger get directed when conservatives control every level of government?

Much of the opposition to the UCP is from public sector unions. How long will their marriage of convenience to Nenshi last?

Only in delusional unionland has AHS been "hacked"? It's budget is up 4.4%: https://www.alberta.ca/budget-highlights. That is lower than inflation plus population growth but that will be true of all budgets everywhere as inflation erodes living standards.

I suspect Nenshi's thin skin will get him before an NDP civil war takes root. Will the party be on the hook to cover his legal bills when he defames a real estate developer or ridesharing service or whomever doesn't bow down to his superior GPA?
It has been incredibly demoralizing. No job is fun when the top leadership continually pushes a moronic agenda

Back