News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way... the public sucked it up... Iconic locations will sell regardless.. We need a process to get the community to review different proposals and choose the best

Either way... the public sucked it up... Iconic locations will sell regardless.. We need a process to get the community to review different proposals and choose the best

That's exactly what happened and the input from the city resulted in the current proposal.

We need a process to get the community to review different proposals and choose the best

Really? You trust the residents of this city that much?

Isn't that kinda like having 5000 different directors with different visions for a big budget movie?

Or, to use to an old but usually true metaphor: A camel is a horse that was designed by a committee.

That's exactly what happened and the input from the city resulted in the current proposal.

That is correct -- it was the city that demanded the building design lose the tilts on opposite sides, turning it into a straight-sided 'box'.

July 21 demolition update

Demolition is moving along quickly

On Bloor Street

PICT1717.jpg

PICT1718.jpg

PICT1719.jpg

PICT1720.jpg

Yonge Street

PICT1721.jpg

South end facing north and north/west

PICT1725.jpg

PICT1726.jpg

To come down on Hayden Street

PICT1729.jpg

PICT1728.jpg

Yeah, that brick building is very nice. Too bad it's being demolished.

The reason why European cities have so much character and charm is because they have retained their past... we seem to just demolish and build fresh... so we never have a sense of history... Few areas, like King West and distillary district have been able to retain some of their heritage and have benefited greatly. There is a feeling that comes over you in those neigbourhoods that you don't experience anywhere else. We need to do better at preserving and incorporating our older buildings into new projects.

I certainly like Kolter's proposal and Burka's first proposal way more than Bazis' current design ... which I think is now a boring square tower, no excitment or variation in built form

rendering_1_bloor_east_2205.jpg

Yeah, that's probably my favourite proposal. I like the current 1BE plans, but ultimately, it is just another Toronto box, albeit, a good-looking one that's huge.

The tower will look great. We're already getting a bunch of towers with crazy curves and angles in the Entertainment District that have a good chance of surviving the review process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back