News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why The Shoe Company is the last to go? It still looks untouched.

The back portion has been demolished as seen in an Aug vs. Sept. photo

Pictures002.jpg

2848624223_06f0c00413_b.jpg

i love this condo... too bad i didn't have that much money to spend...
oh well... this time next year... :)

Maybe the powers that be at Bazis took a good look at the outstanding work PCL did at TLS.

I'm pretty sure PCL only got involved with TLS after another general made a mess of it and got booted off.

And PCL can't really be held to account for the aesthetic of the thing. They get their marching orders from the owner and the architect, and all they do it see the project through to completion by organizing the subtrades and making sure everything is getting built to schedule and spec. In that sense they pretty much did what they were supposed to do

Yep, good words. Definitely not PCL's fault, it was Pen Equity's lack of money near the end of the project which made them reconsider more expensive finishes.

I wouldn't be surprised if PCL pulled out of this project themselves, I know how the company works and if there is no money, they will never take on a contract. PCL basically tells the client, "show me the money" first before agreeing to a contract.

Also, as a top constructor, PCL generally gets to pick and choose projects, and yes they will pass bad projects on to competitors.

Also, as a top constructor, PCL generally gets to pick and choose projects, and yes they will pass bad projects on to competitors.

What, and EllisDon is a tiny pushover? ED are huge, and excellent builders! It's not like they wouldn't be doing due diligence on this project.

Ellis Don hasn't made anything significant... unless you consider SkyDome and projects that size significant.

If ED is good enough to build the Ritz-Carlton, its more than good enough to build 1BE

from the 'Condos on the Market' section of today's Star....a nice reminder that it is 84% sold...and under construction....

1. 1 BLOOR: Southeast corner of Bloor St. and Yonge St. Builder: Bazis International Inc. An 80-storey, 612-unit glass and steel building. The first three floors will be retail space, the fourth floor to the 15th floor will be hotel suites and the 16th floor to the 80th floor will be for condo units. Prices: from the $500,000s for about 600 sq. ft. to over $8 million for about 3,500 sq. ft. Fees: 49 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro. Amenities: lounge, martini bar, fitness centre, 24-hour concierge and guest suites. Residents will have access to the hotel's facilities. Sales: 84 per cent sold. Status: under construction. Occupancy: November 2011. Sales centre: on-site, 416-968-6111; 1bloor.com.

from talking to builders ... I was told the average construction time would be 18 months for 30 storeys, and 24 months for 40 storey condo .... so 2 years is ... somewhat unrealistic

24 months for 80 storeys, is that realistic or optimistic. Or maybe I'm just pessimistic.

Completion is listed as November 2011 so make that 36 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back