News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe old news, but I was just reading something posted about a month or two ago, about possible retail in 1 Bloor E. As things look, Apple has in fact been looking for a spot to put a flagship store in Toronto, but has not yet found a place which is either suitable or large enough- 1 Bloor E., would change that however - there is also the possibility of another one opening in Park Place (Concorde Adex-NYCC?).

Please follow this link to see a map show casing possible store sites for stores:

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/store_map_future.html

p5

interesting... I would think the downtown location would be much preferable. I have only seen one Apple Store before which was in San Francisco and it was located right downtown on Market Street. I assumed that they would seek a similar location here...

Isn't there already an Apple Store in the Eaton Centre?

Yeah, but considering how incredibly busy that store gets, a second downtown location is probably needed. Besides, they need a "flagship" location in Toronto, much like their much larger, much swankier flagship store on Ste Catherines in Montreal.

The 1 Bloor East location is a rumour, and it is likely ifoAppleStore has listed it based on the same rumours that have surfaced here in the past.

AAPL is boring. I wonder while their stock is in free fall (will $90 hold?) if they're considering scaling back their expansion plans?

All stocks have been falling. If anything, now is the time to buy AAPL. Their market share has been steadily increasing and with new notebooks expected to be announced on October 14th, if you have money to invest, do it there now.

Maybe old news, but I was just reading something posted about a month or two ago, about possible retail in 1 Bloor E. As things look, Apple has in fact been looking for a spot to put a flagship store in Toronto, but has not yet found a place which is either suitable or large enough- 1 Bloor E., would change that however - there is also the possibility of another one opening in Park Place (Concorde Adex-NYCC?).

p5

The Park Place referred to on the ifoapplestore site is in Barrie, not North York. Toronto's 4th Apple Store meanwhile is close to opening at Fairview Mall near Concorde Park Place in North Yuck.

^^Thanks for that- I wasn't sure, but it sounded like something in NYCC. While I agree that Apple is not the be all, end all retail outlet, their stores are open, well designed, attractive spaces, and opening a flagship, such as the one in Boston at Yonge and Bloor would definitely add to both the traffic flow east of Yonge, but also to its aesthetics.

A further point is that from a retailing perspective, Apple stores tend to have quite the gravitational pull with regards to attracting customers and I would imagine that other stores in their vicinity could potentially benefit from this. Again, I realize that this is merely a rumor, but it has legs and is being mentioned in quite a few places on the interwebulon.

p5

As things look, Apple has in fact been looking for a spot to put a flagship store in Toronto, but has not yet found a place which is either suitable or large enough- 1 Bloor E., would change that however - there is also the possibility of another one opening in Park Place (Concorde Adex-NYCC?).

Please follow this link to see a map show casing possible store sites for stores:

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/store_map_future.html

p5

Sorry, the Park Place they're talking about is not the Concord development, but a lifestyle centre in Barrie, http://www.parkplacebarrie.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back