News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Relax, Mike in TO's estimates are better than most peoples' facts.

It's our time to waste. You don't have to read it.

Well... for those who actually come to UT to read updates and new information, and discussion regarding this information, this drivel of non-information and rumours really is not fun to sift through.

Well... for those who actually come to UT to read updates and new information, and discussion regarding this information, this drivel of non-information and rumours really is not fun to sift through.

"Sift through"? Is it really that onerous to skim a couple of 30-word posts? You shouldn't need a miner's helmet to do it.

Anyway, I was seeking information from a source that is generally recognized as being reliable on these boards. Whether you like it or not, rumours are a valuable source of information when they come from reliable sources.

And you're right that this forum is for engaging in discussion. Sometimes that discussion is not limited to the construction and design of the building itself but the circumstances surrounding its construction, including the municipal approval process. From a hobbyist's perspective, I find those discussions interesting. So, if someone visiting this forum is seeking only cut and dry facts and has to sift through a couple superfluous posts, I have no sympathy for them. The point of this forum is not just to be a simple repository of information, but a place for hobbyists to waste time.

There are many more than just a couple of posts to sift through if you want to get real factual information about this project. Sometimes there are a few pages of it in a row when things get really heated.

I agree wholeheartedly with Ramako. While I would much prefer to be able to discuss the actual excavation, construction and eventual topping off of a really tall building, some degree of speculation regarding a project is interesing and occasionally entertaining. If a developer is going to be extraordinarily closed-mouthed about the status of a development, then speculation is inevitable. In addition, this isn't a wiki. This is a forum. We discuss things. We post interesting tidbits. Sometimes we speculate. To my, mind, that's the fun of this. If someone wants only facts, then they should subscribe to a news service and not bother with this forum.:)

Hi 41,

Have you speculated where the passage will be, connecting Bloor 1 and the Hudson's Bay Centre?

Hi, philofra. Not yet, but good question. There were some really good posts a while back with respect to the subway tunnels to the east and the possible expansion of the platforms. Obviously, the connection would have to be west of the tunnels (which don't run under this site, anyway, but the connection can't be on a diagonal running northwest because of them). Where would you see it connecting into the HBC? Perhaps somewhere west of the escalator up to the Bay but east of the stairs down from street level?

Last edited:
Ha!

From Jackson Proskow's Twitter feed:
"1 Bloor East: Mega-hyped mega-condo's future uncertain. The Exclusive story tonight."

Nice catch! I noticed it right before you made this post :p

Hopefully we get some new content toward this never ending saga i.e. as opposed to a rehash of everything we already known on UT.

Tonight on the news they said they're going to claim that this project has officially been put on hold.

Which news channel? I'm sure many of us are curious (an understatement) to watch this piece.
I suddenly feel sad that this news is apparently becoming a reality. Not so much for the loss of the project (although partly), but more because of the loss of what once stood there and that big empty lot that will likely sit empty for the next several years at what was once, an exciting, bustling area locally known as the crossroads of Canada.

Tonight on the news they said they're going to claim that this project has officially been put on hold.

Just when the Globe and the Sun have had articles today about our housing market rebounding this last month, and also predicting it getting better, they are going to drop this bomb on us.
I will believe it when i see it ... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back