News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're going to build a square, I'd like to see an 'L' of buildings around it on the south and east sides. It would be pretty bad if it just faced bare walls.

There isn't going to be a square. This is just people who could potentially see a square there, and decided to make drawings because they're probably bored or something.

There isn't going to be a square. This is just people who could potentially see a square there, and decided to make drawings because they're probably bored or something.

Agreed. The land is in private hands and will remain that way.

1 Bloor East will happen. It is the new Trump Tower Toronto. Instead 1 Bloor East is actually selling. I have confidence in this project.

The best indication is this isn't about how well the project sold, it's about financing and untangling the property out of a massive legal mess.

Yeah right, so who's going to put up a 50 to 60 million dollar site for a parkette? The city wont buy it - I think it unlikely Bazis or Lehman's will donate it (they have enough economic problems to deal with) - so whats the point of the discussion?? Can't happen.

Lets all wait and see what announcements Bazis has for us tomorrow ~

the anticipation is driving me nuts !!

allrighty then.....cant' find any news online....nothing coming up on google...

the 1 Bloor website still up and running, and it does say "construction starting", but that may have been there for a while....

....nothing to see here, move along people......:cool:

allrighty then.....cant' find any news online....nothing coming up on google...

the 1 Bloor website still up and running, and it does say "construction starting", but that may have been there for a while....

....nothing to see here, move along people......:cool:

well i would guess since no one has heard it's been cancelled, chances are Bazis has extended their 31 days.

This date everyone is talking about allows the purchasers to back out of their agreements, right? (I don't see why a developer can't pull the plug at any given time.)

To be exact ... starting from June 15, 2009, Bazis 31 days to either (A) go forward and start construction or (B) send notices out to purchasers asking for them to agree on another extension or they can cancel their Purchase + Sale Agreement

this is the same bs that the 1 Bloor sales office was telling me even when I called today

To be exact ... starting from June 15, 2009, Bazis 31 days to either (A) go forward and start construction or (B) send notices out to purchasers asking for them to agree on another extension or they can cancel their Purchase + Sale Agreement

this is the same bs that the 1 Bloor sales office was telling me even when I called today

So basically by the end of day July 15, they (Bazis) need to make a decision with what they want to do with this property (1 Bloor).

I'm just curious if they ask purchasers for another extension, how many purchasers will agree to it. Enough to keep the project afloat? I'm not so sure, but time will tell I guess!

If I had bought a unit in 1BE and could opt out at this stage I would. First off, I don't have the confidence that the building will even get built, and if it does, when?

Also, with the economy taking a dive like it has, you can likely get a larger unit elsewhere for the same money or the same unit for less.

If I had bought a unit in 1BE and could opt out at this stage I would. First off, I don't have the confidence that the building will even get built, and if it does, when?

Also, with the economy taking a dive like it has, you can likely get a larger unit elsewhere for the same money or the same unit for less.

I am very confident you can given the ridiculous selling price of 1BE suites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back