News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

78. I just had a link to his campaign page show up on my FB feed. The tag line was: "Who wants a mayor that represents all Torontonians?"

I'm sorry, but that's obviously a lie.

I just thought of the whole Mary Walsh incident with "This hour" doing a skit at Rob's house which Rob freaked out

79. "It was dark" Rob said about the this hour skit. Video clearly shows it was 8am and daylight

80. "They almost knocked my kid down, she fled to the house crying" Rob again said about the this hour skit. Video never showed a child near Rob, camera or Walsh. Walsh denies that there was any child on the scene.

81. "For the first time ever, in the history of Toronto, we have balanced the books." both Fords. By law operating budgets NEED to be balanced in the city budget.

Go back to October 2013
The Scarborough subway vote 24-20
As mentioned earlier not really a consensus as pronounced by D Ford at a couple of Mayoral debates last week.
However that was not a good enough nose extender he had to double down at a debate later in the week ( I think the Zoomer debate) and announce after going thru an extensive list of "consensus" votes (most of which R Ford voted no to) the vote for the B-D was in fact 24-2...headshake

83. "I am not a politician" Rob and Doug Ford. Obvious lie. They ran and continue to run in politics, their father was in politics.

84. "I am the only candidate who has been an entrepreneur" Doug Ford. Lie. Doug Ford never started a business, at best he took his daddy existing business and expanded it. That technically isn't an entrepreneur.

85. NEW Rotary Club award. Where Doug Ford says it's the "Highest award bestowed to a Rotarian for outstanding service to the community". It looks like the award Ford got was for simply contributing money to the Rotary Club which has been given out more freely than a Rob Ford selfie (over a million served ) Rotary Club award ?

I just remembered the whole Shannon Everett incident, when she threw a drink and hit Rob's feet and Doug and Rob exaggerate the entire thing. Here is the story (It's a Sun article but it's from Peat so I think it's okay)

86. "Obviously the juice had acid in it because it was burning his eyes. He was rubbing his eyes, saying something was burning." Doug Ford said . Video later comes out and shows the drink missed Ford completely. Camera was on Ford, no rubbing of the eyes or reaction of Doug claim happened. Again the Fords make a false statement of a criminal matter like they did with Dale. Of course no punishment for doing so.

87. “There was something in that cup. I tried to take a quick whiff. I don’t know if it was rye or vodka or something. It’s not funny. That hurt, man.†Rob Ford on his CFRB radio show. Truth is, it was organic peach tea. If Ford smelled Vodka, it was on him before hand.

88. "She didn’t seem like she was in her right mind at the time.†Doug Ford again, Once again the non-blinking A-hole goes around and question the sanity of a woman. quotes

[h=1]Doug Ford has 336 illegal signs removed, Chow 25, Tory 21[/h]
See link.

Would that count as a "lie"? How would that be worded to be counted?

Hmm. I will certainly put that under a "lie" if Doug is ever quoted saying he runs an honest/above board/ clean campaign. Knowing Doug the quote will probably be something like "Nobody ever ran a cleaner campaign then him". So Open challenge UTers. Find me a quote of Doug saying he runs a clean campaign and we then can easily add this incident to the bunch. Speaking of new lies. A new batch of Doug treats just came in.

89. “You go to any major city in the world — you go to Paris, Madrid, you go to London, New York, Chicago — it’s underground, subways.†Doug Ford many times said. Of course there's tons of cities including cities that he listed who have over the ground light rail transit. This lie is pretty amazing that he says something is not there, that is LITERALLY THERE!

90. “You see the lack of experience to my right and to my left...This isn't time for on-the-job training, and that's what we're going to have with my friend to the right and my friend to the left.†Doug Ford says speaking of Tory and Chow. Chow was a city councilor for 14 year.

91. "I don't listen to polls" The Fords say every time there a negative number poll for them. Today Doug talks about how he's in a "dead heat" in his internal poll. I thought he didn't listen to polls. I also remember Rob claiming we should remove the 5 cent bag because of a Toronto Sun online poll, which is ridiculous to form an opinion on an online poll (not including our polls of course, at least UT poll there a vote per person)

92. Doug Ford said he will release his donor list an hour after Tory releases his.

Daniel Dale @ddale8 · 20m20 minutes ago

Almost three hours ago: RT @cristina_CP24: Doug Ford now says his donor list will come out within the hour #topoli

Last edited:
92. Doug Ford said he will release his donor list an hour after Tory releases his.

[h=1]Doug Ford releases donor list, says he’s raised $300,000[/h]
See link.

Must have gotten a good discount with all those campaign signs. Oh wait, the Ford brothers own a printing company, never mind.

Yay Ford finally gave his donor list, but certainly not within an hour of Tory like he promised. So check mark for lie 92. Today is Football Sunday, and not all Ford lies are huge and important. A lot are petty and unnecessary. Here is a football themed lie pack.

93. I mentioned in lie #3 about his false Jacksonville Jaguars NFL attendance numbers. But that's not the only NFL team Doug Ford talked about, Doug talked about the New Orleans Saints as well as rumbling of moving. Now about a decade ago that was true but since Katrina, the NFL made a big effort in keeping the Saints in New Orleans and the Saints are more stable than ever. The article qutoes "Pig-skin fans in the bayou were not impressed. Despite rumours Mr. Ford had heard, the Saints will be based firmly in New Orleans for the foreseeable future." Doug had to apologize. Doug then says "there's not hard feelings" WTF? He lied about their team leaving, it's not Doug's call if there's hard feelings or not. This guy had his foot in his mouth even in 2011 Saints football

94. Rob Ford about Grey cup "This is fantastic, this is going to create a lot of jobs, great for the economy,â€. I am not going to diss the Grey Cup and I am sure it did help the economy. But how does a game with at most a week long festival leading to it "create a lot of jobs?" I guess some part-time workers got a few extra hours but I doubt it created any actual jobs. Rob also said there will be close to 60,000, it turned out there turned out to be 53,000 people at the game. Not sure if I will call that a full lie, but it certainly in the area. Grey Cup

95. I've heard a few that said the Fords lie about their success in the football pool. JP Bourtros (who was part of Stintz staff) tweeted "Lesson i learned long ago: If one lies to friends about small things like football pool wins then said person will lie about anything." It's a silly thing, but it does show how Fords always need to be shown as a bit shot, even on things like football pools. tweet

rob_ford_electionsigns.jpeg

Doug Ford's 2014 campaign signs? Wrong! These are Rob Ford's 2010 campaign signs. See link. So who's campaign signs were put up this year?

Attachments

• rob_ford_electionsigns.jpeg
    rob_ford_electionsigns.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 494
SG: I found #93 about Doug Ford trying to attract the New Orleans Saints to Toronto interesting because
it is the first time that I had heard about it - I know about the Jacksonville Jaguars and move rumors such
as to Los Angeles ("Los Angeles Jaguars" could be interesting) and I agree that the Saints are staying in
New Orleans - winning Super Bowl 44 on 2/7/2010 31-17 over the Indianapolis Colts no doubt helped
solidify the southeast Louisiana fan base there...

This makes me wonder what kind of "corporate welfare" that DF would have been willing to shell out to
attract a NFL team to Toronto in the term of "taxpayer dollars"...I am a sports fan but I draw the line at
spending public dollars to help hugely profitable privately-owned teams...unless the money is paid back
WITH INTEREST...

WKL: With that note about RF's 2010 campaign signs did they have them stockpiled after that election?
Did people just keep their lawn signs for four years?

LI MIKE

Last edited:
He blamed council for raising taxes after his powers were stripped when the budget was actually pretty much completed while he still had his powers.

97. Doug said that Kathleen Wynne "Made the call to get Rob kicked off the football team". She obviously had nothing to do with it and documents of why it happened showed Rob actions what caused him to be let go. This is one of the biggest doozy of a lie he's ever told.

98. "The Star has a conspiracy against me" both Fords' say about the newspaper. Everything the Star reported turns out to be true

99. "Never quit anything in my life" Rob Ford says. Ford quit University after a year, Ford also quit the cut the waist challenge.

100. "I talk to American and international media and they ALL say the local media here are unfair" Doug Ford said. This one is a crazy one because he never gives and example of which media member is saying that to him. Also I haven't read any American or international media thinking Ford's a victim or the local media is unfair. On the contrary what I read almost every single international piece was "How the F a city like this elected a incompetent and yet creepy doofus like this" they look at him as one of the worst and disgraced politicians ever. The American media has been actually much more harsher when talking about Ford than the local media, who constantly show them respect that they did not earn or deserve.

Back