News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Thanks interchange42, that's probably where everyone is getting the 569 foot figure.

I was part of the team that did the marketing video for the project when they were courting anchor tenants and that's indeed the height of the model we were given to animate.

I don't have any records of it but I really seem to recall that they decided to lop off a few floors either just before construction started or soon thereafter.
This kind of change would likely not have required any re-submission of documents.

I sent an email to one of my contacts at Menkes but haven't received a response.

Given the visual evidence I would venture that the Emporis figure is more accurate.

Yesterday's post on the progress of E Condos says:
Construction presses on for what will soon become Midtown Toronto's tallest building.

I wanted to share some more analysis on that using the 100m List and Map.

7N6SVDN.png

Focusing on the Yonge-Eglinton area, E Condos' South Tower will certainly be the tallest building at 195.7m. It will also be the 27th tallest tower in all of Toronto when it and all other buildings that are under construction are completed. That said, it may be surpassed south across the street by 1 Eglinton East in its current form, slated to crack the 200m mark.

22|21 Yonge is south of that, only 5.5m shorter than E Condos. From here, it will continue to step down south with Minto Midtown's Quantam 2 and 1 (165m / 126m), 2161 Yonge (124.6m), and Art Shoppe Condos (123.8m). To the west of E Condos is the Yonge-Eglinton Centre Towers constructed way back in 1974 (124.4m / 100.0m), as well as 500 Duplex Avenue which preceded them by 2 years (104m). To the north is Minto30Roe (111.1m), and to the east are the two towers of The Madison (120.9m / 111.0), all three of which were completed last year. 155 Redpath (120.4m) and 101 Erskine (106.4m) are also on the verge of completion, reaching their final heights this year. These will be followed by the former's mate at 150 Redpath (132.2m), as well as the twin towers of City Lights on Broadway (2 x 116.0m) in the next couple years or so.

14 other buildings above 100m are proposed for the area, along Eglinton, Roehampton and Broadway Avenues. There is also a big question mark on the southwest corner of Yonge and Eg, where the redevelopment of Canada Square is a big block of opportunity.

@DonValleyRainbow Minor detail - you may want to check the address for E Condos - North Tower. You have it as 15 Eglinton East, which would mean it's on the south side of the street. Perhaps the address is 15 Roehampton?

@DonValleyRainbow Minor detail - you may want to check the address for E Condos - North Tower. You have it as 15 Eglinton East, which would mean it's on the south side of the street. Perhaps the address is 15 Roehampton?

8 Eglinton, and 15 Roehampton.

Yes, I noticed this error after I made that post about midtown development. I believe it has been corrected in both the list and the map though?

First time checking this out in two months, you've made a lot of good progress @DonValleyRainbow ! Well done.

It is incredible amount of height coming to Y+E. There are developers sitting on sites west of Yonge on Eglinton too whom I expect will come out of the woodworks in coming years when taller heights have set precedents.

Thank you! And yes, I would expect them to come out of the woodwork once the Crosstown is finished; the means to transport people will be in place with capacity.

Hey there,
I was looking for information about Montage, Concord City Place at 25 Telegram Mews. It doesn't come up on the 100M list. I also couldn't find a thread in the Database. Here's a link to the building on the Skyscraper page. http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=41585. Another site said the building is over 150M. I was trying to confirm. Maybe its' captured here with a different name or address.

Here is the UT thread for 2 buildings http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/montage-and-neo-condos-concord-cityplace-real-estate.7750/

Hey there,
I was looking for information about Montage, Concord City Place at 25 Telegram Mews. It doesn't come up on the 100M list. I also couldn't find a thread in the Database. Here's a link to the building on the Skyscraper page. http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=41585. Another site said the building is over 150M. I was trying to confirm. Maybe its' captured here with a different name or address.

Here is the UT thread for 2 buildings http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/montage-and-neo-condos-concord-cityplace-real-estate.7750/

Thank you so much! This has been added, I've got two sources that both say 153.0m, so I've put it at that.

Hey there,

Older buildings are not always as throughly catalogued on UrbanToronto as contemporary ones are. We're always happy to get more info!

Hello !

I just wanted to say that this list is the best list I've seen so far. I love lists and I was making one of my own, similar to what you did, and now that I've discovered yours, no need to continue mine.
Excellent work!

I'm also happy that you decided to add the real amount of floors for buildings. The Adelaide Hotel tower is a perfect example. Websites keep having the 57 floors figure (habitable floors), but the tower really has 63 floors (occupied or not). I think it makes way more sense to include all the existing floors. A floor is a floor, no matter what's on it. Kudos for that!

As a French speaking person, I noticed Eau du Soleil spelling mistake. It's «du Soleil«, not «de Soleil«. hehehe... I know I'm picky, but it has to be corrected! :p

Also, I believe The One will be done by end of 2021, 2023 seems too far away.
Ten York should be done by 2018.
Wellesley on the Park by late 2018, if not 2019.
The Selby by 2018 for sure.
PJ Condos in 2019.
87 Peter in 2018.
Monde in late 2018 if not 2019.
Clover on Yonge by late 2019.
The Britt in 2018.
43 Gerrard West (The Livmore) by 2018.
Islington Terrace in late 2019.
E Condos North in 2018.

I'm also happy that you didn't change years of completion like SSP does. Aura in 2014, Ice West in 2014, Ice East in 2015, etc ...
SSP always change the years of completion to the year that the tower was registered. They have both ICE towers in 2016, U Condos in 2016, Lago in 2017, etc ... They keep changing the years that building was done, and it keeps bugging me. You kept the real year of completion, which is awesome!

I will keep an eye on your list!

PS: I think The Well - Office Tower started construction very recently, should be done in 2020.

Edit: Royal Bank Plaza South tower, the higher one, I'm positive that it was completed in 1979, not 1976. The shorter tower maybe in 1976, but I'm pretty confident the taller tower was done in 1979. I looked at newspaper archives on the web, and I found 1979 in many articles.

Last edited:
Hello !

I just wanted to say that this list is the best list I've seen so far. I love lists and I was making one of my own, similar to what you did, and now that I've discovered yours, no need to continue mine.
Excellent work!

I'm also happy that you decided to add the real amount of floors for buildings. The Adelaide Hotel tower is a perfect example. Websites keep having the 57 floors figure (habitable floors), but the tower really has 63 floors (occupied or not). I think it makes way more sense to include all the existing floors. A floor is a floor, no matter what's on it. Kudos for that!

As a French speaking person, I noticed Eau du Soleil spelling mistake. It's «du Soleil«, not «de Soleil«. hehehe... I know I'm picky, but it has to be corrected! :p

Also, I believe The One will be done by end of 2021, 2023 seems too far away.
Ten York should be done by 2018.
Wellesley on the Park by late 2018, if not 2019.
The Selby by 2018 for sure.
PJ Condos in 2019.
87 Peter in 2018.
Monde in late 2018 if not 2019.
Clover on Yonge by late 2019.
The Britt in 2018.
43 Gerrard West (The Livmore) by 2018.
Islington Terrace in late 2019.
E Condos North in 2018.

I'm also happy that you didn't change years of completion like SSP does. Aura in 2014, Ice West in 2014, Ice East in 2015, etc ...
SSP always change the years of completion to the year that the tower was registered. They have both ICE towers in 2016, U Condos in 2016, Lago in 2017, etc ... They keep changing the years that building was done, and it keeps bugging me. You kept the real year of completion, which is awesome!

I will keep an eye on your list!

PS: I think The Well - Office Tower started construction very recently, should be done in 2020.

Edit: Royal Bank Plaza South tower, the higher one, I'm positive that it was completed in 1979, not 1976. The shorter tower maybe in 1976, but I'm pretty confident the taller tower was done in 1979. I looked at newspaper archives on the web, and I found 1979 in many articles.

Thanks for all the feedback!
  • Eau du Soleil has been fixed.
  • I've ended up removing all years for proposed and construction-status. Too much to upkeep, it's always subject to change. I'll just add it when it's done.
  • Speaking of which, yes, the list will reflect the year the condo got topped off and finished.
  • You're also correct on RBP South Tower, this has been changed to '79.

Hey everyone,

I've been doing some more review of completed buildings in Toronto. I was able to add another 8 that were completely missed. 6 of them were in ward 23 alone, 4 in one complex! There may be more to follow.

Either way, we're one away from hitting 500 total buildings on the list!

Back