News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Where is the most recent spreadsheet for this? I clicked on the 100m list link on page 1 of this thread and it shows YSL still as being 343m which has long been updated.

According to Skyscraper page, there are 65 completed towers in Toronto that exceed 150M in height and another 34 under construction. There are many more towers fast approaching construction, such as YSL. In a matter of roughly 15 years our city has transitioned from having 15-20 skyscrapers to 100! Amazing!!!

It would be great to see an update to the spreadsheet to track this awesome development....

I hope nobody is upset with me reviving this old thread, but I realized that Toronto *just* surpassed Chicago in the number of 100+m buildings (including only built and under construction/topped off).

# of 100+m buildings

Toronto:
- Built: 268
- U/C: 70
= 338 buildings

Chicago:
- Built: 325
- U/C: 11
= 336 buildings

Link to data: http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/compare-data/submit?type[]=building&status[]=COM&status[]=UC&status[]=UCT&status[]=STO&base_region=0&base_country=0&base_city=723&base_height_range=2&base_company=All&base_min_year=0&base_max_year=9999&comp_region=0&comp_country=0&comp_city=1539&comp_height_range=2&comp_company=All&comp_min_year=0&comp_max_year=9999&output[]=list&output[]=timeline&dataSubmit=Show+Results

They have double the number of buildings that are 200+ meters. That will take quite a bit of time to surpass.

Although that is true, and actually really interesting, if you increase the value up to 300+m it changes too:
Chicago: 7
Toronto: 1 (which is under construction)

And again within that 7, two of them are over 400m with another one over 350

Yep, Chicago has the lead in 300m+, but I don't think that's the most important metric here in terms of skyline 'size'. Obviously, it's all subjective and depends on what you value. Chicago has a taller skyline, but Toronto's skyline is increasingly getting larger. Chicago still has the lead, but I don't think that will remain true in the near future. Here are some visualizations I made quickly to illustrate that (note the size of the green bars; Toronto's growth is staggering):

The first chart is strictly categorical, while the second chart is cumulative.

Categorical.png

Cumulative.png

This is a time lapse view of how Toronto has changed and will look as the new skyscrapers (150M+) under construction and proposed are completed.

There are a couple of inaccuracies but it is still fun.
audacity temp mail origin
I just can't really take a list too seriously that has Oxford Place in it and The One listed as under construction

Last edited:
The 100+ m list has a filter applied to it on the street column and only 3 buildings are visible. I can't remove the filter. Can anyone else do it, please?

Hebrewtext at SSC posted this 100 metre+ list (sourced from emporis I think) in a "western world/occident" thread.

Obviously pandemic times may mitigate how future numbers actually play out, but using the 100m metric shows Toronto (and Missy) actually nibbling at the heels of NYC (and JC) lol. Chicago is dusted ;-)

schGZy2.jpg

Back