News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Just spoke to a worker on site, they are putting up the fence and drilling for shoring. Full blown excavation within three weeks.

Pinch me, because I must be dreaming!
Any indication which building they'll start with, or if maybe even both go up at the same time?
Woohoo! I'm really excited for this one. I like the height, the design and living in the area looking forward to seeing them peak out from different angles in the area! Wonder what will be there first, residents in these buildings or opening of the Western extension of Line 1? haha
It's going to be pretty tight, but my money's on Line 1 West extension. I have faith in KEV.

Pretty sure there's no site plan control on the property, would take a year to reach that approval. At best it's remediation, likely testing as someone alluded to

Pretty sure there's no site plan control on the property, would take a year to reach that approval. At best it's remediation, likely testing as someone alluded to

Why did the worker on site tell me they are putting up the hoarding and drilling for shoring and starting excavation then? I will go back for second look in case he was somehow misinformed, I guess...

Renaissance might be the second tallest for a few moments before it rapidly becomes what, the seventh tallest?

Love that not a one of these big projects is RLA or NEUF designed, None are Charcoal Brick infused, and all but the greyhound site are from out of town developers...a very good sign that we are finally attracting attention of the big guns in Toronto and MTL who knew how to build tall.
But the Renaissance will still stand out as the tallest in the Downtown core due to the elevation difference from Dream. It is also nice to see that a 36 floor tower could become the 7th tallest in this City. Things are looking up for Ottawa finally.

I know the developers for this project wanted this one up as soon as possible and after going to tribunal and the city finally playing ball and working with them to give approval, I assume these can get to site plan fairly quickly. I honestly expect this one to mobilize sometime soon, and if those workers said they are looking to get started, I would not be surprised.

So far, what they have done, is begun removing the trees around the back and installing a fence in addition to removing a bunch of asphalt.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 131854.png
DJI_0653-HDR.jpg

Back