News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

So this guy thinks that what's there right now maintains the "character of the area" and is better for businesses than 2, 25 & 27 storey towers full of people...

I needed a good laugh this morning 😂
I listened to Edmonton AM this morning (best radio show in town imo), and I think the guy actually said that anything above 5 storeys is like a vertical gated community because "it loses the ground integration".

Kind of a baffling comment. Why does he think that apartment-dwellers will be any less inclined to leave their homes than someone living in a detached single family home?
Funny enough, having an underground parkade to navigate has meant that my car only leaves it's stall once a day during the week. If I want to get food somewhere, I just walk along the street now. I haven't driven anywhere for exclusively food sinced I moved into a "gated community".

I've been to almost every restaurant DT, I've bought more groceries than ever before, I will walk to the local Shoppers for toiletries, etc. I've been to 3 movies this year at ECC, none elsewhere.

He's just wrong.

I listened to Edmonton AM this morning (best radio show in town imo), and I think the guy actually said that anything above 5 storeys is like a vertical gated community because "it loses the ground integration".
Nope. They have these wonderful things now called elevators, that can easily take you from the 10th or 20th floor to the ground very quickly and many people actually use them regularly and often.

Back