8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

greenleaf

Member Bio
Reaction score
This has been undergoing renos all summer. EIFS were torn off to reveal white and black brick. Have yet to see what is going back in place (really hoping for white and black brick again).

20180822_110747.jpg
20180822_110842_HDR.jpg

Some background here and photo: https://torontoist.com/2014/11/historicist-space-age-living-ahead-of-its-time/

Attachments

• 20180822_110747.jpg
    20180822_110747.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 2,704
  • 20180822_110842_HDR.jpg
    20180822_110842_HDR.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 2,422
My former home of ten years - I can see my old balcony. I love where I am now but man I miss this place.

Looks exactly as it did in February when we were evicted (except for the new garage door), though I'm guessing they are working on the interior more now.

My former home of ten years - I can see my old balcony. I love where I am now but man I miss this place.

Looks exactly as it did in February when we were evicted (except for the new garage door), though I'm guessing they are working on the interior more now.

Did they evict everyone?

Stunning. They just don't, as they say, build them like they used to.

There's actually been a few restoration projects of the Prii (and similar) buildings in the Annex over the last few years; great to see.

They did, although when we left at the end of February (which was the deadline they gave us) there were 2 people still holding out in a building of almost 50 units.

Interesting. Did they give everyone details on moving back after the renovation is complete?

Interesting. Did they give everyone details on moving back after the renovation is complete?
Initially they said 6 months to a year, then in January they came to 'inspect' our apartment and told us it would be 1- 2 years and that they wouldn't guarantee our same unit to us upon return

This building appears to have had, be getting again, built-in a/c units in each suite.

You don't see that all that often.

Was that original to the design?

Given the extent of the work here, I wonder if putting in central HVAC was considered. Might lack the requisite clearances; but it's the rare reno where the building is fully unoccupied, and the landlord puts in a/c in each unit; that would seem to bring the costs down (net) to plausible place.

Especially in what should prove to be a high-rent building.

This building appears to have had, be getting again, built-in a/c units in each suite.

You don't see that all that often.

Was that original to the design?
We had a built in AC unit in our apartment here that looked like it was from the 50s and never worked. They removed it when they rebuilt our balcony (before they told us we were getting evicted) but left a hole in the wall where it was.

Back