News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Wondering if there has been any news on what might be planned in the future for this site?
... or is the current land owner sitting on it?

Would love to see that parkade beside it gone, to create a larger lot.

All but erased ...
1610391655864.png

Screen capture from recent Eglinton-Crosstown construction update video at ~50 second mark: https://videopress.com/v/ktXVUXgw

Last edited:
I just now realized this building no longer exists; that is where my office was when I transferred from Québec City in 1987. I was living at Royal York Road and Eglinton West... an easy but interminable bus ride. I promptly resigned and took a job and an apartment downtown.

It was an interesting building, but the area was (more) depressing at the time.

This property is a goldmine because the Aga Khan Museum and Ismaili Centre are right beside meaning the rich Ismaili community will flock to purchase units in this building in droves. I assume they are waiting for the Ontario Line plans to be more solidified before springing forward a development proposal.

Who knows maybe Plaza Partners (15 Gervais Street - next door building) may do a joint project with Amexon the owners of 1200 Eglinton Avenue East. As part of section 37 they may donate land to the Aga Khan Park and extend the park a bit perhaps. I am sure the Aga Khan wouldn't mind footing the bill or at least a good chunk of it.

Back