News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The lobbyist registry tells us that Bousfields has registered to lobby on behalf of the above owner for the properties noted, along with 66-76 Fordhouse at the south end of the prospective assembly (Fronts the QEW)

Aerial photo:

1674243167553.png

This site is large, ~ 2ha/5 acres; for a good sense of comparison, reference the large roof and parking lot on the right side of the image, which is The Queensway IKEA.

Streetview: (Queensway frontage)

1674243294756.png

Streetview (Fordhouse frontage):

1674243366212.png

I didn't notice the words 'conversion request' in the entry, but this certainly looks like an Employment lands rezoning. (assuming the intent were for mixed-use here, which I don't know).

Comments: Shrug, not sure what to make of this one. Would be a very odd place to plunk down residential in the near-term, given the neighbours and its seeming lack of appeal.

There's certainly not much to redeem what's there now. At that size though, there are very few things you would go through the planning process for if the intent were to keep it commercial/employment. (a mega-box store, a factory).

So I'm guessing mixed-use is being explored here.

Last edited:
Big enough to fit about two to three condos wow!

Ummm, IF that's what's going on here.........a lot more than that. Even with an on-site park. Start at 4-6 is a more likely range.

Ummm, IF that's what's going on here.........a lot more than that. Even with an on-site park. Start at 4-6 is a more likely range.
I was being conservative by saying two to three condo towers and their podiums lol. Just by looking at the houses beside the parcel of land. And thinking that four of them would be about the size of one condo plus having some breathing room between them with parkettes etc for this area!

Last edited:

Back