News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

T

thx1038

Why spend 12mill (cdn) on the Ritz Toronto Penthouse when you can buy a Penthouse in Times Square NY for 2.8 million US.

There is a obvious size difference, but I rather own property in NY city Times Square!

Either way, this building is a definitely a good one.

www.1600broadway.com/

The old Studebaker building. As much as I like urban living that location is just a tad much. How could you ever sleep with all the light and noise?

It would sure be easy to check how your stocks are doing.

A) I wouldn't want to live in the US
B) I know friend who live in NYC and taxes are high apprently

It does look nice, but the reason why the Ritz is $$$ is because of the name.\

I don't see prices on that site, I doubt its that cheap as what you say. That area isn't cheap for housing.

All that money for a penthouse and the only view you get is a 20 storey ad for P.diddy

$2.8MM for that penthouse does sound very cheap and attractive - BUT its at times square. Mass crush congestion of tourists at all times, I predict whoever buys it won't be from NYC, and won't live their full time, or if they do intend on living their full time, will regret purchasing it.

I think Times Sq. is one of the last places Id wanna live. Even as a tourist I avoid it.

It could be a novelty to some, but the everyday stress of living there would be a nightmare. Imagine going through the port authority/42nd street subway everyday to commute.

Ditto. I can't think of anything worse than living at Times Square. The Time Warner Center is another story though...

The Times reported last week that the last apartment in the Time Warner centre had finally been sold.

I believe they haven't sold a single one of those big, square, very expensive Calatrava condos in that proposed building yet.

^ Makes sense. Who would pay that kind of money to live downtown?

Well, lots of people live in those buildings that had been condemned for the new NYSE building that will now not been built (essentially, the block south of Wall between Exchange Place and William, except for the old Morgan Building),

But, true, why pay all that money to look at, at, Brooklyn? Did they ever even attempt to sell that building? I haven't heard anything about it since the rendering was released.

Back