9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Mississauga will host a public meeting September 15 to discuss an application for official plan and zoning by-law amendments submitted by RioCan (Clarkson) Inc. and McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Inc. to permit development of a seven-storey, 156-unit retirement residence and a convenience restaurant at 1829 and 1865 Lakeshore Road West.

Sorry if I am misreading this, but is this an application for a seven story building with a McDonald's in it? I though Ricocan developed strip malls and I'm not familiar with what is currently on the site.

I thought it was an application for a seven story McDonald's where seniors could eat in all the time.

Sorry if I am misreading this, but is this an application for a seven story building with a McDonald's in it? I though Ricocan developed strip malls and I'm not familiar with what is currently on the site.

There is a strip mall set back from Lakeshore with a massive parking lot and then a stand alone McDonalds set back from Lakeshore surrounded by parking. I'm assuming the application is only for the McDonald's portion of the lot and that a new McDonald's is planned to be included in the retail portion of the new development.

RioCan (Clarkson) Inc. has revised its proposal for the seniors residence from 156 to 144 units, while the proposed height has been increased from seven to eight storeys.

RioCan (Clarkson) Inc. has revised its proposal for the seniors residence from 156 to 144 units, while the proposed height has been increased from seven to eight storeys.

So it's taller but has fewer units?

The OMB has approved a settlement between the City of Mississauga, RioCan and McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada regarding appeals on OP & zb/l amendments and site plan approval to permit a retirement residence at 1865 Lakeshore Road West and by McDonald’s for consent to sever its property at 1829 Lakeshore Road West. The proposal includes an 8s, 144-unit retirement residence, a new McDonald’s restaurant and two new commercial buildings, one and two storeys in height. Several Sec 37 benefits have been secured, including streetscape improvements, a pedestrian connection, parking and privately owned public space.

According to the Clarkson Village study presented Monday night to Planning and Development Committee, all OMB appeals have been withdrawn and the decisions were rescinded, as the operator of the plan 8 storey retirement building back out of the deal.

As it stands now, the land is subject to the Historic Village Precinct Policies. ""Cough, Cough what Historic?""

I don't think 8s would be inappropriate on this particular site. Clarkson Village's historic buildings consist basically of a single block of 2 storey shops on Lakeshore Rd, further East of this site and a few old houses scattered on various side streets. The neighbours of this development are just stripmalls and other uninteresting highway strip retail. This project is roughly in between the 2 storey shops and the highrises closer to Clarkson GO.

The property owner of 1829 and 1865 Lakeshore Road West, zoned C4-63-Commercial and C4-67- Commercial, has applied for Consent under Section 53 of the Planning Act. B4/24The applicant requests the Consent of the Committee to sever a parcel of land for the purposes of a lot addition. The parcel of land has an area of approximately 0.13acres (526.09sq m). B5/24

The applicant requests the Consent of the Committee to sever a parcel of land for the purposes of a lot addition. The parcel of land has a frontage of approximately 4.05m (approx. 13.29ft) and an area of approximately 0.02acres (80.94sq m).A12/24

The applicant requests the Committee to approve a minor variance to allow a change of use proposing to permit a Retirement Building/ Long Term Care Facility use on the subject site whereas By-law 0225-2007, as amended, does not permit a Retirement Building/ Long Term Care Facility use on the subject site in this instance.

The Committee has set Thursday, March 7, 2024 at 1:00 PM for the public hearing on this matter. The hearing will begin at the noted start time and items on the agenda are generally heard in the order shown

Back