This may have moved up to my most anticipated new development. Have they applied for a BP? Are these rentals or condos? This needs to happen - the north side of downtown desperately needs more vibrancy. Everywhere else besides the north side of downtown seems to be doing much better development wise - Kensington, Bridgeland, Inglewood, Beltline, East Village.
No building permit yet from what I can see (My property map on calgary.ca). The DP still shows as "under review", as it will likely take a few days for the DP approval to catch up to the land use approval at council. Then, it will go into advertising for 2 weeks, where I would bet the farm it gets appealed by the Chinatown CA. So, they may not want to go through the expense of BP drawings until they have that appeal behind them.

No building permit yet from what I can see (My property map on calgary.ca). The DP still shows as "under review", as it will likely take a few days for the DP approval to catch up to the land use approval at council. Then, it will go into advertising for 2 weeks, where I would bet the farm it gets appealed by the Chinatown CA. So, they may not want to go through the expense of BP drawings until they have that appeal behind them.
I'm expecting an appeal as well, but I'd be surprised to see it over turned. There doesn't seem to be any good reason to oppose it unless I'm missing something.

Maybe it reminds him of Enron...

At first thought, Chu must be siding with the residents of Chinatown who want a complete rejection of the concept. But, Chinatown is not in his ward. I remember he also voiced objections to the N3 condo project in East Village because of 'no parkade'. Whatever his arguments are, they don't hold water, at least not with me. Councillors need to be thoughtful, fact based and be able to look at both sides; or they shouldn't be in office.

Fun fact, those parking lots this development is planned to be built on have been vacant land for 40-50 years. Most if not all of the original houses seem to be there in 1967, current state of vacant lots before 1979.

nuts to think of the power of parking revenue. hopefully with 25% of office space empty the npv of a parking lot has been diminished, freeing them up for development.

you are a serious old timer if you can remember 9th ave or eau claire as anything but a parking wasteland.

nuts to think of the power of parking revenue. hopefully with 25% of office space empty the npv of a parking lot has been diminished, freeing them up for development.

you are a serious old timer if you can remember 9th ave or eau claire as anything but a parking wasteland.

I just used historical air photos to figure it out :)

Back