News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Nice win...especially since it was over a (relatively) long time incumbent. I didn't realize your father was running against her...I saw some of her campaign material recently (my parents were helping out with something in her campaign). She seems to have done a lot of good stuff. Hopefully the misunderstanding over his flyer (the foreign comment) won't have any long lasting repercussions.

And you better get us new development info as soon as it's discussed in council ;)

Thanx FM, I'll pass along the good word.

I'm sorry that the election didn't go your way FM, but I hope you learned a few tricks and tips for the next time you run (and c'mon, we all know there's going to be a next time. :) )

Wow two big wins in one family. See told you there was no reason to worry ;)

I was watching this race too. Congrats to your Father!

Any relation to the school trustee who got in?

She seems to have done a lot of good stuff.

Not really. She was on a lot of committees, but she rarely attended any of them. She wasn't a very good councillor, period.

Also the "foreign" comment wasn't a misunderstanding as much as it was dirty politics. The people crying to the media were her best friends. Shame that in trying to earn the votes of the public, they resorted to lies in a cheap attempt to pin him as something he's not. Those lies and the perpetuation of it in the media hurt him personally, and they hurt me.

Goodbye Ms. Shaw, pray Karma never catches up with you.

Also the "foreign" comment wasn't a misunderstanding as much as it was dirty politics. The people crying to the media were her best friends. Shame that in trying to earn the votes of the public, they resorted to lies in a cheap attempt to pin him as something he's not. Those lies and the perpetuation of it in the media hurt him personally, and they hurt me.

I know...but even without the "dirty politics" the potential and possibility of misunderstanding was very real. In any case, it's great it's now all in the past, soon to be the distant past.

Congrats to your father. It's good to have new faces on council. Too bad the old geezer in my ward got re-elected(and he was a Lastman crony at that). I'd like to have seen a completely new group running the city. Too many incumbents got in for my liking.

Congrats, Canuck... sounds like you've got politics in your genes. Any plans for you to run for public office?

Back