News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Housing/condo sales in the GTA up 44% in February from January, and per above, this is felt to be the best quarter to buy in 2011. Gives you a sense of what lays ahead later in the year! Should be some real nice projects swooping in to capitalize on the boom.

my five,
where are you getting this info. Up 44% compared to what. Last year at this time? Because Treb reported 14% decrease for Feb and I believe January as well compared to last year.
Just not clear what you are comparing to.
Besides, if the present is the best quarter to buy I gather you feel that prices are going to continue to get more expensive throughout the year.

Housing/condo sales in the GTA up 44% in February from January, and per above, this is felt to be the best quarter to buy in 2011. Gives you a sense of what lays ahead later in the year! Should be some real nice projects swooping in to capitalize on the boom.

Well, after a 44% jump in sales from jan to feb, we followed that up with a further 48% jump in sales from feb to march! Lots of buzz in the marketplace as the activity is gaining momentum as we plough through 2011. We are back in the 'sweet spot' again!

Your information is not accurate. I would really like to know where you get this info from. There are many factors when determining a final statistic that needs extensive analysis. The best way to determine real estate statistics is year to year, not month to month. January is always going to be slower than March. So what does this mean, nothing!!! The spring market is the best time for sales so you numbers really don't represent where the market is heading. Lets see what your stats say in August.

ok downerdrew. Let's express this another way. March sales were the 2nd highest in history for a march, with 1st being last springs insane market when everyone was trying to beat the implemenation of the HST. Twas all perception.

I sold a condo last March and i can tell you i had 100 people thru it and had multiple offers. So it really was insane. And this March is 2nd only to that? If you normalize numbers somewhat and discount the insane 2010 numbers, you could say that this march was the hottest march ever! (in a normalized type year)

Is this starting to work better. This is my story and i'm sticking with it....and i've been with this story since last summer.

Condo George,

I am glad you came back to this thread. Time to forgive and forget and come back to other threads as well.

This month has been very exciting for whoever owns real estate. Busy times folks.

Condo George...are you seeing multiple offer type situations in condos like we saw last spring? It seems the sales volumes are up there, but I was wondering whether this was translating into multiple offers, or 'offers over asking' and things like that.

It is nice to see you back as the foot soldiers (agents!) are always an invaluable source of information as to what is 'really' happening.

It would be nice if this thread could be used for the upbeat, bullish GTA real estate folks.

Not the same as last year myfive, but things are improving over the stagnation we seen in late 2010.

Thanks CG. That's actually a good thing as it would cause them to get concerned and raise rates and whatnot. Just nice steady action is best.

Back