News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

According to recent polls, could be a real possibility. Has Leon decided whether or not he will run again, despite promising not to do so?

Now Milczyn got the last laugh in Etobicoke Lakeshore, this is no idle speculation. If Holyday decides that he's not done with politics after all, things could get very awkward for Leon.

As for Ward 5, there is now no incumbent (Milczyn does not need to withdraw his name since he never registered to run in the first place). This is a wide-open seat. Leon could be persuaded to shuffle over to Ward 5, so that Holyday can descend from the heavens back into his old seat, but even so, this is now a lot more open than it was 24 hours ago.

It will be interesting to see if Schein decides to take on Palacio in Ward 17, whether Layton would be willing to move to Ward 20 so that Marchese could take a run at Ward 19 and in Ward 26 a knock down drag between Parker and Prue....

Schein won't run against Alejandra Bravo, who is the leading progressive candidate for Ward 17. I'd love to see him run next door in Ward 11 though!

As for Ward 5, there is now no incumbent (Milczyn does not need to withdraw his name since he never registered to run in the first place). This is a wide-open seat. Leon could be persuaded to shuffle over to Ward 5, so that Holyday can descend from the heavens back into his old seat, but even so, this is now a lot more open than it was 24 hours ago.

And pull a Paul Ainslie - promise not to run for the seat you're appointed to, just move next door and run there. (Could see Chris Stockwell try again for Ward 3.)

I do not understand. Resigning and taking a leave of absence are different things.
Are you saying that Milczyn did not even take a leave of absence during the campaign? That should not be allowed.
Did Holyday or Cho take a leave of absence?

I don't think any of these three resigned. I think Holyday (and I guess Cho but not sure if he took a leave of absence or just didn't show up) took a leave of absence. Milczyn showed up right until he was voted in with the win. Personally I think a "leave of absence" is just a cheap way of getting out of work to find a better gig and then walking right back in if you lose.

Ironically enough uber-lefty boogeyman Adam Vaughan did honorable thing and resigned his seat before the election takes place. Holyday preaches on that's how it should be done, Vaughan actually does it.

It will be interesting to see if Schein decides to take on Palacio in Ward 17, whether Layton would be willing to move to Ward 20 so that Marchese could take a run at Ward 19 and in Ward 26 a knock down drag between Parker and Prue....

I lean left-of-centre but I adore John Parker. The dude is just so witty and smart and really makes his point in a great way. He's a favorite of mine in CH. Plus he has Linus on his twitter, bonus points! And please no more Marchese, move on dude you had a great run.

I've met John Parker twice now, he is pretty cool in person too.

I've met him too at a few heritage events. Seems like a genuinely good guy. Comes off as an old school Red Tory. He was member of the Harris government for one term but everyone has a blemish or two on their CV.

Interesting, they are going to fill the vacancies in Wards 5 and 20

City of Toronto Media Relations has issued the following:
==========================================

News Release

June 16, 2014

Office of Councillor vacancies in Toronto's Wards 5 and 20

Toronto City Council will appoint two qualified electors at a special meeting of Council on July 7 to fill the following vacancies on City Council:
• Office of Councillor, Ward 5 Etobicoke-Lakeshore
• Office of Councillor, Ward 20 Trinity-Spadina

Interesting, they are going to fill the vacancies in Wards 5 and 20

They should just appoint Holyday to Ward 5 for the last few months of the term. Would be easy for him to get settled in and he's already said he won't run in the fall. No strong feelings about the guy either way, but it's an easy solution.

Plus, the irony would be priceless.

I can't see Schein running. Alejandra Bravo is running in ward 17, she's quite formidable (nearly took out Palacio in 2006) and she was a mentor to Schein. Too bad Schein wasn't elected to council in the first place, rather than having to run provincially under the Andrea Horwath albatross.

I've met him too at a few heritage events. Seems like a genuinely good guy. Comes off as an old school Red Tory. He was member of the Harris government for one term but everyone has a blemish or two on their CV.

I met him twice, he is a really nice guy even if I disagree with his politics. Great sense of humour. Last time I met him wasn't long after his appearance on a Daily Show segment, he was thrilled to chat about it. Parker for Speaker in 2015-2018!

Back