News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Siobhan Morris tweeted earlier that she spoke with someone who is an expert in municipal law, and he said that Chow's sign is in violation of election law. He mentioned that it is in the same colour as her campaign logo, and there could be something with the size, too. It's large, the entire width of the front of the building. He said that bylaw officers probably wouldn't do anything unless someone complained (which I'm sure will happen now). But then someone from Chow's campaign said they looked into it, and it's legal. So who knows.

It's kind of ridiculous that they can register and debate so early, but no signs on their offices till July?

Yeah, that's what actually kicked off the line of discussion a page or so back.

Ha! I saw that tweet yesterday and remembered having seen the pic that sno man has now posted.

So I swung by today and took this photo:
6GuH939.jpg

That Ralph Capocci is a shill for John Tory - he was tweeting each and every city hall reporter with the photo until one of them would bite.

Note that all it says is "Olivia Chow" not "elect" or "mayor" - and her campaign is, after all, the tenant of the storefront.

Is that Ford office on Lawrence East & Warden? Check out Diana's Oyster bar across the street :)

That Ralph Capocci is a shill for John Tory - he was tweeting each and every city hall reporter with the photo until one of them would bite.

Note that all it says is "Olivia Chow" not "elect" or "mayor" - and her campaign is, after all, the tenant of the storefront.

Not just a shill for Tory (possibly unpaid) but a resident of Woodbridge and generally an interfering weasel.

Ha! I saw that tweet yesterday and remembered having seen the pic that sno man has now posted.

So I swung by today and took this photo:
6GuH939.jpg

Because it says "Rob Ford Mayor", its legal. If it said "Re-elect Rob Ford Mayor" or "Rob Ford for Mayor" or maybe "Ford More Years", it would not be legal.

A guy running for council in ward 19 filed a formal complaint against Ford's signs on his office window yesterday.

I'm pretty sure the vertical signs say "FORD FOR MAYOR".

If it has that little word "for", it will become a campaign sign.

I'm sure that any sign with their name on it would be a campaign sign, once its outside the office window. Wonder about the fridge magnets that Rob Ford infamously gives out. Would it be considered a campaign sign should they stick on a outdoor metal surface?

The rules on campaign signs are confusing, and seem to be broken many times by Rob Ford, especially. Would those "Rob Ford Mayor" signs be considered campaign signs or just advertising for his office? What about his picnics and those signs?

He just may get away with it, on a technicality.

Ok Folks.... I have been reading a lot about your Mayoral race, and I can conclude that most Torontonians on this forum do not want Ford re-elected.
That's fine with me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But what's really shocking to me is the amount of HATRED people spew on this forum against Rob Ford.

People have taken it so personal as if Rob Fords drinks to their stomach or smoke through their lungs. I do not condone some things he does like appearing on Jimmy kimmel and his public drunkings..
That said, I can assure you that if all the Mayoral Candidates had 24 Hour scrutiny, we would find lots of imperfections among them as well.

As a black person who go through constant racial profiling in my daily life, I find it tough to read all the hatred nonsense here on this forum because I can imagine what he is going through.
When are we going to stop all these unwaranted hatred and bigotry in society? When are we going to work hard for love for everyone irespective of their race, ethnicity or sexual orientation?

If you don't want to vote for him, just wait to cast your vote for your alternative on election day, no one is perfect and that include all Rob Ford Haters.
And remember, he was not elected to be a pastor....

Last edited:
When are we going to stop all these unwaranted hatred and bigotry in society? When are we going to work hard for love for everyone irespective of their race, ethnicity or sexual orientation?

Well, the short answer is that we do want to move past this and that is why many of us are so vehemently against Rob Ford. Rob Ford is the character that personifies all that hatred and all those bigoted traits you mentioned and is largely responsible for purporting this urban-suburban divide in our city.

And remember, he was not elected to be a pastor....

He was elected to be mayor - a position that requires some level of competence, altruism and leadership.

He was elected to be mayor - a position that requires some level of competence, altruism and leadership.

A bar *ahem* even he falls below.

No-one is perfect, but there's better. Much better. No-one else on council is mentioned extensively in an ongoing TPS investigation. No-one else thinks nothing of getting belligerently wasted in public. No-one else makes the shenanigans of Lastman seem positively quaint in comparison. No-one else has become a rolling international punchline.

Back