News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I suggest that if suburban opinion is monolithic about anything (I don't think they are) one of the topics would be their amusement at the ranting and derision heaped on them by the "downtown" crowd because they don't choose to live downtown. Different strokes for different folks.

At least in my case the ranting and derision don't have anything to do with the fact that these suburban mouth-breathers don't live downtown. I'm happy for them to live in whatever approximations of Dallas or Phoenix they want. But I object strongly to the way they use their majority on council to impose an auto-centric form on central Toronto, while raising our property taxes to build subways to completely inappropriate locations because suburban identity politics always trump rational transit planning in this town.

At least in my case the ranting and derision don't have anything to do with the fact that these suburban mouth-breathers don't live downtown. I'm happy for them to live in whatever approximations of Dallas or Phoenix they want. But I object strongly to the way they use their majority on council to impose an auto-centric form on central Toronto, while raising our property taxes to build subways to completely inappropriate locations because suburban identity politics always trump rational transit planning in this town.

The subways are because of wanting to raise property values.

...or more conspicuously, where the bridge btw/Old Weston & Keele mucks it up. (Even if that's slated to be remedied. Someday.)

Someday doesn't seem all too far away. The plan has already gone through council, hasn't it?

Someday doesn't seem all too far away. The plan has already gone through council, hasn't it?

There has nothing come to Council floor as yet however at EYCC a motion 2012EY15.10 was approved "request for Road Madification - St Clair Ave W and Old Weston Road specifically to do with operational improvements, bridge and road widening...I haven't seen anything on the various agendas since....

Last edited:

Yeah lets not forget who was responsible for wasting $1B on the Scarborough subway. Toronto taxpayers will be paying for many years to come so that Karen Stintz could have a shot at running for mayor, and the best she can come up with are a bunch of copycat Ford sound bytes, a sunflower, and "I'm a soccer mom with a mortgage, just like you". I guess money doesn't always buy good campaigns.

Last edited:
And the excitement builds...

JProskowGlobal 9:04am via Twitter for iPhone
Release: "Sarah Thomson is set to make a major announcement which may affect the course of the mayoral race."

Major announcement?

reporterdonpeat 10:07am via iOS
Sarah Thomson wants all new developments to contain 10% affordable housing units.

Thomson couldn't spell out why she's a footnote in this race more clearly.

Last edited:
Oh dear.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...ith-twister-chow-waits-for-laughter-to-begin/

As to the second point on the flyer, the Tory campaign is absolutely wrong. A Stintz campaign staffer thought it was funny to say that Chow mispronounces Scarborough as 'Scrabble' (while referring to it as both British and a card game. It is neither). If they're aiming for the people who follow every twist and turn of this campaign, they've shot themselves in the foot.

The only one I see twisting themselves into knots is Tory himself. He hasn't explained *how* he would get it built faster than his opponents would.

Back