News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Blatchford slams Chow's autobiography:

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...ney-an-exhausting-attempt-at-legacy-building/

I like Chow, can't stand Blatchford...but boy, if those excerpts are a fair representation of the book...

So Blatchford is surprised that an autobiography released by a politician about to undertake the biggest campaign of her career reads more like campaign material than an actual autobiography?

I sense all of the columnists who have built their career on feigning right-wing populism are watering at the mouth to go after someone like Chow - especially after four years of waffling over a crack-smoking, right-wing populist Mayor who was made in their own image.

What if they can't get any major backers and use Deco to bottom line the campaign? Would there be any chance of them spending so much money that Deco goes out of business?

I think the real question is this: with no other sources of financial support, how many campaign finance rules will Ford break as he transfers corporate funds from Deco over to his campaign? Ford would happily become "victim-in-chief" again in 2014 as lawyers tangle over his misdeeds.

I think the real question is this: with no other sources of financial support, how many campaign finance rules will Ford break as he transfers corporate funds from Deco over to his campaign? Ford would happily become "victim-in-chief" again in 2014 as lawyers tangle over his misdeeds.
Yes, this seems it would happen, especially having read Crazy's first link above to the G+M. People can borrow from corporations but they have to pay it back right away. Otherwise, it would be considered that the candidate was getting rates not available on the open market, eg: from a bank.

Last edited:
I will have to say: from early published reports, the Chow bio seems a bit on the touchy-feely side which, unchecked, *may* not bode well for whatever electoal coalition she's trying to assemble. Compounded by her apparent writing-off of Ford Nation in one of this weekend's newspaper articles (then again, it may just be the hardest core of Ford Nation she's dismissing)

I just wish there was someone from outside the old city that wasn't crazy that would run for mayor. That would help unify the megacity, imo.

Out of curiosity, how would having another mayor from outside the old City of Toronto unify the megacity? We've had two already.

By the way, VTB is correct. That candidate's name is David Soknacki.

Out of curiosity, how would having another mayor from outside the old City of Toronto unify the megacity? We've had two already.

By the way, VTB is correct. That candidate's name is David Soknacki.

Oops, my bad. Can't even spell the name of my favourite candidate. If I am not the only one, then this is definitely an issue for his team to address going forward. Name recognition is such a big part of municipal politics.

Oops, my bad. Can't even spell the name of my favourite candidate. If I am not the only one, then this is definitely an issue for his team to address going forward. Name recognition is such a big part of municipal politics.

I have a freebee campaign slogan for him: Soks doesn't smoke rocks! (Unlike some other mayoral candidates.....)

A self-destructive lunatic meltdown wouldn't be out of the question, though--maybe even pre-E-day, once it became clear the jig was up. And don't rule out a campaign-manager blowup/meltdown involving *Doug* Ford, either, something involving mug shots and police custody and what have you.
Whatever the case, it's practically *guaranteed* to not be pretty.
Maybe not Budd Dwyer-esque (hopefully!), but I could see something like this happening...

[video=youtube;SHv-EII7KYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHv-EII7KYQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHv-EII7KYQ[/video]

So will Rob feel the need to compete with Olivia by writing a book of his own? Hahahahaha (on so many levels)

Other than a kid's picture book, the only other book that Rob would write (more likely ghost-written by someone else) would be on his struggles against the downtown elites and their conspiracy to take over Toronto.

Isn't Sue-Ann Levy writing a pro-Ford book? I thought I saw that mentioned on twitter awhile ago, perhaps from Goldsbie. (That would certainly explain her disappearance from writing any Sun articles since November until just a couple of days ago)

It's a Polish name so it is easy for me to remember, but yes this could be an issue moving forward.

Rob Ford's scandals will have hopefully energized the electorate and excited the media of this city to pay closer attention this election and to the available candidates. I wonder if we will see the biggest voter turnout in amalgamated history this fall.

Back