News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He may have moved. He used to live near the waterfront. I missed that he ran in the provincial election. He’s a piece of work.

I think he runs in University-Rosedale now. At least he did for the provincial election. Maybe he doesn't live in the new Ward 19?

Last I heard he lives in the north end of his riding.

No surprise to see Layton running for re-election as a councillor. Wouldn't be surprised if he has his eyes on a bigger prize in four years.

Meanwhile, Neethan Shan as of this morning is running for re-election. His 'Scarborough vs. Everyone' mentality is unfortunate, but he's a reliable progressive vote on most issues.

Last I heard he lives in the north end of his riding.

No surprise to see Layton running for re-election as a councillor. Wouldn't be surprised if he has his eyes on a bigger prize in four years.

Meanwhile, Neethan Shan as of this morning is running for re-election. His 'Scarborough vs. Everyone' mentality is unfortunate, but he's a reliable progressive vote on most issues.

It's more like "Morningside Heights vs. Everyone" - he complained that his area didn't have a library, which is false. He then clarified he was talking about his own neighbourhood of Morningside Heights, the last subdivision built in Toronto. Morningside Heights is pretty bad - it's isolated, difficult to get to by transit, disconnected due to the railways, the tributaries of the Rouge River, protected greenspace, and hydro fields, and without even a commercial plaza. You can't easily walk from one end to the other. I don't know how the area can be easily serviced with a community centre or library. The density is very low, unlike nearby Malvern, which is much more centralized.

He's a reliable progressive vote on most things, but I really dislike him. As far as left-leaning councillors go, I do not care for Shan or Cressy.

What did Cressy do? Asking because I had no idea.

Cressy seems to get a bad rep from some UTers on responsiveness for day-to-day constituency items. I can't speak to it as I'm not his constituent. Like many councillors, I can only attest to their voting record and public remarks. From afar it seems like Cressy has a solid grasp of city building issues and a keen eye for issues like transit and social housing.

I complained to his office about how eager he was to throw the King Street Pilot under the streetcar in the name of appeasing TIFF. I got no reply. People who did get a response was a boilerplate talk about how important TIFF is, yada, yada.

That in itself isn't why I dislike Cressy, but it's indicative.

What do people think of Sarah Doucette? She's now my councillor, but I'm fairly new to the neighbourhood and don't have much of a sense of her record, whether good or otherwise. Are there any serious challengers, announced or expected?

Sarah Doucette is a part of the progressive downtown block. You can do worse. Re-elect her.

Meanwhile, Neethan Shan as of this morning is running for re-election. His 'Scarbrough vs. Everyone' mentality is unfortunate, but he's a reliable progressive vote on most issues.

As much as I was not a fan of Raymond Cho, his Constituency Assistant responded to my emails faster than Councillor Shan's C.A.

She supports the busy scrap yard on the northeast corner of Jane and Dundas, That scrap yard has got to go!
Perhaps busy scrap yards serve a useful purpose? Furthermore, if they have a proper permit there is nothing she (or the City) can do about them.

Perhaps busy scrap yards serve a useful purpose? Furthermore, if they have a proper permit there is nothing she (or the City) can do about them.

For a community that has nothing (especially for youths), there are far better uses for the land than a scrap yard. Also, there was an idea of having a GO Station at the corner.

For a community that has nothing (especially for youths), there are far better uses for the land than a scrap yard. Also, there was an idea of having a GO Station at the corner.

It would get replaced with condos.

The same people complaining about it would then complain about density creep.

That all may be true but it really can't be blamed on a municipal councillor.

Back