News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Winners:

- Mike Colle, Matthew Kellway, Jimmy K: With the expanded wards effectively matching the provincial and federal boundaries, ex-politicians like the aforementioned have a huge head start.

- Mammo: With an expanded ward and list of candidates, Mammo now needs a smaller plurality of votes to win. Expect to see Doug Ford out stumping for him and a huge base of PC volunteers.

- Toronto’s development industry: Now with far less scrutiny from councillors.

Losers:

- Ausma Malik, Chris Moise, Jen Hollett, Kevin Vuong and Dan Fox, and pretty much any new faces looking to get elected.

- Elections Toronto staff: Can someone start a kickstarter to buy their office pizzas?

And George Smitherman, but that's okay.

It will be interesting to see how well Furious George does. I fully expect KWT to win, but I’m sure Slitherman will put on a good fight. It sounds like he burned a lot of bridges with the Toronto Centre Liberal riding association when he tried to railroad his recent provincial nomination. Also, KWT has support from a lot of Adam Vaughan, leftish-Liberal types.

I doubt a panel of judges will invalidate an entire election and require a new 47 ward election.

Based on the decision today the courts are not as willing to rock the boat as the judge from last week and invalidating an election would be a drastic step.

Is it confirmed that Mihevc and Matlow are running against each other? Matlow should move north.
One of the communications Matlow sent out recently mentioned running against a long time councillor in St Paul's. I don't think he has any plans to move north.

Just hit me that two of the following councillors won’t be back. Glass half full?

- Frank Di Giorgio
- Frances Nunziata
- Norm Kelly
- Jim Karygiannis

I doubt a panel of judges will invalidate an entire election and require a new 47 ward election.

Based on the decision today the courts are not as willing to rock the boat as the judge from last week and invalidating an election would be a drastic step.
The left looses an election and then tries to win with activists judges.
We have a parliamentary system of gov't where Parliament is supreme at the federal level and queens park at provincial level. These gov'ts can thus be voted out in the next election. if we want a system with judges passing laws then we should move always towards a presidential style of gov't like the U.S and have judges run and see those ads on tv with judges running which always has me shaking my head..

Just hit me that two of the following councillors won’t be back. Glass half full?

- Frank Di Giorgio
- Frances Nunziata
- Norm Kelly
- Jim Karygiannis

Justin Di Ciano is gone, as is Glenn De Baeremaeker, and either Vincent Crisanti or Michael Stirpe/Ford and probably Cesar Palacio.

The left looses an election and then tries to win with activists judges.
We have a parliamentary system of gov't where Parliament is supreme at the federal level and queens park at provincial level. These gov'ts can thus be voted out in the next election. if we want a system with judges passing laws then we should move always towards a presidential style of gov't like the U.S and have judges run and see those ads on tv with judges running which always has me shaking my head..

We have a constitutional democracy where the constitution is supreme.

Received an email from her a few hours ago which suggested that she was still in the race.

As someone with deep NDP connections, there is a lot of concern among the Toronto Danforth party faithful that Frag and Fletch will 'split' the progressive vote. At this point, I think Fletcher has the slight advantage, with a bigger volunteer pool and more name recognition than Frag or the other candidates like Lanrick Bennett.

And apparently Fragedakis gave an interview confirming that she will be running against Fletcher.

And now Council will have to figure out how to efficiently get work done in much larger wards, people will have to figure out what ward they are in, committees will have to be reorganized ... it's going to be chaos for a while. Not that Doug cared one whit about that.
to the contrary, chaos is the intended result. It'll take years to make council effective under the new structure, which supports Doug's dysfunction argument. This paves the way for a strong Mayor system in time for Mayor Mikey in 2022.

Back